Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Anyone Remember This Guy?

nelson montana

<b>V.I.P. - Author</b>
It's Bill Pearl. Awesome bodybuilder who was big in the 1960's. Bill admitted to "dabbling" with anabolics, (Mainly D-bol) but by the time they came around he was already getting ready to retire and it wasn't worth the determent to his health. Yeah...back in the day people worked out to be healthy. Imagine that.

Anyway, the other pic was sent to a mutual friend. Bill just celebrated his 90th Birthday! NINETY. The dude looks twenty five years younger.

That's what old school bodybuilding will do for you. Just in case you're planning on sticking with it for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

images-2.jpg

A few more from way back when.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, can't edit properly. Anyway, you get the idea.

Attachments

• 313c1df3db19e9372988a4cdda9b1787.jpg
    313c1df3db19e9372988a4cdda9b1787.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 123268523_208747327285138_6397492043196840250_o.jpg
    123268523_208747327285138_6397492043196840250_o.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 104
anyone who has ever had a membership to golds knows exactly who he is. he is one of the guys up at golds gym as pioneers of bodybuilding.

I have been pushing healthy fitness/bodybuilding for years on the forums. most guys are not interested in that though. they just want to follow what some 20 year old on youtube tells them. run 6 compounds a gram each, 'cruise' at 500mg a week and go on TRT at 24. that is their strategy. then once they realize they are missing the #1 thing which is genetics they turn their channel into making bullets, grifting garbage supplements or a prank channel. that is the state of bodybuilding today in a nutshell

Bill Pearl a big name yes but like most bodybuilders tell us that never take nothing , just little bit dbol and primo , and some people believe . In that era they use hgh from cadavers ( this is health ????? ).
The problem more deads today is because you have more athletes now than in the past so much more chances to some die , and mostly because today they are much bigger ( the main reason they die is because they are much bigger at young age ) .
In the past you have more deaths by diuretics than today , because they abuse them in the past , now the probleb is alot young guys over 300 pounds

Bill Pearl a big name yes but like most bodybuilders tell us that never take nothing , just little bit dbol and primo , and some people believe . In that era they use hgh from cadavers ( this is health ????? ).
The problem more deads today is because you have more athletes now than in the past so much more chances to some die , and mostly because today they are much bigger ( the main reason they die is because they are much bigger at young age ) .
In the past you have more deaths by diuretics than today , because they abuse them in the past , now the probleb is alot young guys over 300 pounds

You are incorrect. First off, HGH from cadavers didn't happen until the early 80's -- long after Pearl retired.

When you talk about deaths from diuretics, again, you're thinking about competitive bodybuilding from the 90's.

And you're falling into the same thinking that is a result of the kids on message boards that stevesmi is talking about. You can't believe anyone can look great without a lot of gear. Not true. I know first hand that is not the case.

True, some people have great genetics but for the most part it's the training. 95% of the guys I see training train like pussies. Anyone can take a gram of gear a week for 4 months and look impressive, but what happens when they're off? I believe gear should be used to look good all the time, not just while you're on.

Bill Pearl is 90. That's kinda the point of Nelson's post. He looks pretty damn big for a 90 year old lifter. Famous, among other things, for having 4am workouts. His book: Keys To The Inner Universe' is STILL a classic.

As for HGH etc. Go learn some history. The number that took HGH back then was literally a handful. Steve Michalik talks about it. But that was the late 70's and early 80's. He told (he's dead now) stories about Monkey Brains and, as you say, corpses. But, as Nelson says, it was AFTER Bill competed (like 10-20 years). Nelson was writing on these subjects when you was a still thinking about competing.

Bill also tells the story about competing with Sean Connery (who died yesterday).

For my sins I was at an OHF dinner where Bill was recognized for what he's done for bodybuilding (the OHF Hall of Fame award) and he gave every guest a copy of his 'Inside the Universe'. I've also had an award from them (Ambassador award) for my promotion of the Iron Game and OH ethos via my magazine Muscle Mob

Last edited:
You are incorrect. First off, HGH from cadavers didn't happen until the early 80's -- long after Pearl retired.

When you talk about deaths from diuretics, again, you're thinking about competitive bodybuilding from the 90's.

And you're falling into the same thinking that is a result of the kids on message boards that stevesmi is talking about. You can't believe anyone can look great without a lot of gear. Not true. I know first hand that is not the case.

True, some people have great genetics but for the most part it's the training. 95% of the guys I see training train like pussies. Anyone can take a gram of gear a week for 4 months and look impressive, but what happens when they're off? I believe gear should be used to look good all the time, not just while you're on.

exactly right but most things he says are incorrect bro

bro bill pearl ...did he go high in placings?

He competed before the Olympia, but he won the Mr. Universe five times. He did compete against an up and coming Sergio Oliva. And FYI -- Sergios pre Olympia stack was 200 mgs of deca a week and 20 mgs of winstrol a day. But he said he didn't like the Winstrol because it made him TOO vascular! lol Anywhere, here's a comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZoo_R66JM&list=PLmy_IFhTNY2O2hPMODxGmDrB08fhBXs-K&index=44

bro bill pearl ...did he go high in placings?

He won the Nabba Mr Universe Pro Class. One year he won the pro class and an up and coming young fella named Arnold won the amateur class.

He won the Nabba Mr Universe Pro Class. One year he won the pro class and an up and coming young fella named Arnold won the amateur class.

you know your history

we are going to have to do a bill pearl podcast at some point

Bill pearl. One of the greats from the past. You dont here him mentioned a lot and he deserves a lot more credit. He gets overshadowed a lot by the golden era of bodybuilding with Arnold, Lou, Franco, etc

you know your history

we are going to have to do a bill pearl podcast at some point

He has Red or American Indian blood in him. He helped prep Chris Dickerson. My magazine covered a fair bit of the history.

You all know alot about real cycles they use. Keep believe in santa claus .
Yes Flex wheeler amazing genetics ? yes bones and skin ( search pictures of him ) , Dorian genetics ? check young , Dave Palumbo goes from skinny as fuc.... to over 300 pounds . Just training and diet ?lol

You are teaching all beginners that 1gr will make them huge and when they end cycle they luke the same and most of them give uo training . Keep telling bulshit to them and not the real truth.

Yes Flex wheeler amazing genetics ? yes bones and skin ( search pictures of him ) , Dorian genetics ? check young , Dave Palumbo goes from skinny as fuc.... to over 300 pounds . Just training and diet ?lol

You are teaching all beginners that 1gr will make them huge and when they end cycle they luke the same and most of them give uo training . Keep telling bulshit to them and not the real truth.

It's a straight history lesson. You made a simple mistake. We were referring to an athlete that competed in the 1950's. You suggested he took GH.

Wanna know why so many recommend big cycles? Cos they have a vested interested in selling gear. I say recommend smaller cycles and keep the customer for life. Not for a cycle.

Wow, you're really whistling in the dark, aren't you? You can't accept that anyone can achieve a great physique without tons of gear. I've heard the same claim about Steve Reeves, meanwhile, the guy was 190 pounds. He just had amazing asther=tics. Gear can't give you that.

No one ever said Flex Wheeler didn't use a lot of stuff. Palumbo freely admits he just did a ton of gear to get as big as possible so I don't even know what your argument is supposed to be.

And I think Dorian is the perfect example of someone who had a freakish affinity for gear. That's another aspect that is often overlooked. Look at Dorian now. he looks quite "normal." But look at guys like Pearl and Zane and Draper -- real old school guys -- and they were still muscular into their 60's. All admitted to using gear, but at a fraction of what the average gym rat uses today.

You're think you're speaking "truth" when in fact it's simply ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom