Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Life B4 Forums

LucrativLarry

Registered
Ohh shit. Not another neeeewbie... Quick Question for all the OG's out there. I couldn't imagine getting involved in something like AAS Without The existence of Online Communitys /Forums/, Access To reviews .and being able too compare the opinions/ personal experiences of others seems like a Vital Part of Success in your goals aswell as Harm Prevention. I couldnt see myself just taking the word of the biggest guy in the gym on safety & usage, side effects, effective dosing,/ cycle planning, PCT/ Recovery, leaving the fate of your cycle (and potentially your health) to some dude who heard from a guy who heard from a guy that this is the correct way too do things. Soo my Questions are,... What was life like before the creation of help boards/ forums for someone looking for info on Harm Prevention & Proper use of AAS? Was most of the tips you got mostly just word of mouth? Did you know all the risks of AAS before dabbling in it? How did you know if what your being told is fact or not.? The whole underground aas use thing Pre Information era seems like a long shady road with a whole lotta Trial.. with even more errors... i would love to hear what things were like for someone back then. Oh and im new here soo make sure too be nice too me. ...Hahaha just jokes, Soo feel Free too spam my thread or inbox with profanity and hate mail if i slip up ( you forum cats are savage thats faax lol). ive honestly never used a forum in my life, but decided it was time to stop creeping and hopefully contribute some usefull info and share my personal experiences along the way! Im proud too finally be apart of the EVO Family, ( i thought my parents would never sign my adoption papers).

I can only speak for myself.
When I started there were 2 forms of advice.

Guys in the Gym ~ few and far between ~ wasn't a Topic unless you knew the Guy well.

Doctors & Pharmacists ~ it was legal ~ so that's where I got most of my information.

I started my 1st Cycle in 1978................................................ JP
P.S.
Legal with Prescription ~ which was very easy to come by.

Last edited:
you have a lot of info today but guys are too lazy to take the time to research i guess.

back when i started lifting weights I went to the library and checked out 2 books on weight training.. read them and then went back and got 2 other books.. and so on. I had a very good weight lifting coach who taught me technique in high school, and i had buddies at the school gym who would push me to get better. i remember i spent my entire summer working my minimum wage job + going to the school gym to get in a workout. i improved bigtime that summer, it really does boil down to putting in the hours in the gym

today with forums and the internet you young guys are very lucky to have all this info at your disposal which is why i find it sad that so many dudes still manage to do it wrong.

I am mid 30's so by the time I started with PED's there was so much info already out on the internet and via forums like this. I am very glad to have a place like this where people can learn to use these compounds and be safe while doing it. A big difference in generations though is back then guys were willing to put in the work to research these things where as today people are not even willing to do this even when all the information is available at the tabs above.

There were few sources of information back in the days, and even fewer reliable sources for information, so it was really hard to know. Some guys learnt by trial and error, others read the few underground books that were available, others had coaches who already tried things, and could give advice from personal experience. Unfortunately, this is such a niche, that even most docs will have a hard time explaining anything in this regard. Luckily, we have these days such forums as EVO, where you will find science, experience, and knowledge, so you don't have to play the guinea pig anymore.

Before the forums most people relied on advice from the biggest guy in the gym. Chances are he was selling gear himself and he would give you advice so he could sell you gear.

Life has really changed since the widespread popularity of message boards. People take it for granted that they can create a thread and have 5+ extremely knowledge people help them for free within an hour of them posting their question. We are truly blessed to have a board like EVO. Not just the forums but also the hundreds of articles listed on the site for free.

Back
Top Bottom