Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rubber seal vial open

litamorrison

Registered
So what happened was I put a little bit too much air into the vial and the rubber seal came off, leaked some test on to my floor, I put the rubber seal back in, would this have made the batch contaminated?

So what happened was I put a little bit too much air into the vial and the rubber seal came off, leaked some test on to my floor, I put the rubber seal back in, would this have made the batch contaminated?

So air getting into the vial isnt going to kill you. You breath air in all day so I wouldnt worry about it getting contaminated as long as you werent in like a dusty basement. As stated above how did you put the rubber seal back on? f you didnt clean it and it fell n the floor probably not a good idea to push a fresh needle through it and potentially get contaminated.

This is why I always keep spare vials handy. They are cheap and you can by them online. If anything like that happens again you just suck up all the oil and inject it into a fresh sterile vial.

It will almost certainly be fine as long as you were otherwise practicing sterile handling techniques.

Just got to make sure you're keeping it as clean as possible. If you feel its contaminated its better to throw it away then risk potential infection down the road!

As long as the seal didn't get contaminated it's fine

So air getting into the vial isnt going to kill you. You breath air in all day so I wouldnt worry about it getting contaminated as long as you werent in like a dusty basement. As stated above how did you put the rubber seal back on? f you didnt clean it and it fell n the floor probably not a good idea to push a fresh needle through it and potentially get contaminated.

This is why I always keep spare vials handy. They are cheap and you can by them online. If anything like that happens again you just suck up all the oil and inject it into a fresh sterile vial.

Totally agree

Back
Top Bottom