Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Self Administered Blood Donation. Any self-stick & dumpers out there?

CaptainAAA

Crazy question, I know. But here’s the thing - I can’t get the donation centres to take my blood. I told them about an anti-convulsant I take and now I’m on their list of NO-GO’s. I don’t mind needles at all. Surely someone has done this themselves, no???

haha I love the enthusiasm for the idea [emoji28]. But of all the risky things we do, how would this even come close to the top of the list, pumping and dumping say 250ml e3m?

Crazy question, I know. But here’s the thing - I can’t get the donation centres to take my blood. I told them about an anti-convulsant I take and now I’m on their list of NO-GO’s. I don’t mind needles at all. Surely someone has done this themselves, no???
I have never done it but it is something I have considered also, as I have a couple things that disqualify me from donating also. The biggest problem I have seen is logistically it's just complicated. Blood draw equipment is not easy to find and its not something you really want rig together due to things like risk of infection, phlebitis is no joke especially for a competitor because it involves a lot of swelling and makes training difficult. If you could find an IV set up and start an IV on yourself it would work but then its really not something you would want to guess how much blood is let out. So you would have to figure out a way to very strictly monitor blood flow. The conclusion I came to is that even as a former paramedic, its not something that I would try unless I knew for sure that it was medically necessary and I had exhausted every other avenue. My suggestion is to find a DR that you can be completely honest with and is on board with what you're planning if you haven't already. Monitor closely with blood work and if it comes to a point where hematocrit is so high that it's medically needed, work with your Dr to come up with a solution. Stay away from a self blood draw especially if you don't have some kind of medical training and have at least started an IV or done a blood draw before.

I have never done it but it is something I have considered also, as I have a couple things that disqualify me from donating also. The biggest problem I have seen is logistically it's just complicated. Blood draw equipment is not easy to find and its not something you really want rig together due to things like risk of infection, phlebitis is no joke especially for a competitor because it involves a lot of swelling and makes training difficult. If you could find an IV set up and start an IV on yourself it would work but then its really not something you would want to guess how much blood is let out. So you would have to figure out a way to very strictly monitor blood flow. The conclusion I came to is that even as a former paramedic, its not something that I would try unless I knew for sure that it was medically necessary and I had exhausted every other avenue. My suggestion is to find a DR that you can be completely honest with and is on board with what you're planning if you haven't already. Monitor closely with blood work and if it comes to a point where hematocrit is so high that it's medically needed, work with your Dr to come up with a solution. Stay away from a self blood draw especially if you don't have some kind of medical training and have at least started an IV or done a blood draw before.

Thanks bro. That’s an education. I’m off the idea. [emoji3456][emoji3456][emoji3456]

Back
Top Bottom