Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PART 2. The Role of Steroids In Fasting

nelson montana

<b>V.I.P. - Author</b>
I couldn't post the whole piece in one thread. If anyone knows how to stick the two together, please do.

Otherwise, here's part 2.

IS INSULIN A SIN?

Some fasting advocates will cite that constant eating increases the release of insulin which stores fat. But if the meals are small, it would only release a small amount of insulin. And if you’re active, you burn those calories up easily. No one is suggesting breakfasts of pancakes with syrup and a bowl of Fruit Loops. But unless you’re diabetic or have a malfunctioning pancreas it can handle reasonable amounts of food. And insulin is anabolic! You can also aid insulin by taking certain herbs and nutrients. Berberine, Bitter Melon, Gymnema Sylvestre, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Vanadyl Sulfate, will all help in the conversion of insulin synthesis. But much of this can be avoided if we think like bodybuilders and make protein the main macro nutrient at all times. Not only is protein the only nutrient that will directly build muscle tissue, it doesn’t cause a big insulin spike. This is also why protein shakes offer a very real advantage in the hypertrophy equation because they are so easily absorbed without being too “filling” therefore leaving room for more food. And it won’t store any as fat unless you’re completely sedentary.

SAFE STEROIDS -- HARMFUL STEROIDS

It’s no mystery that the process of anabolism is enhanced with the use of steroids.
They are both androgenic -- which increases male attributes including greater strength -- and anabolic, which increases the amount of protein that is converted to muscle. They basically make training and eating more productive!

It’s interesting to note that the steroid Primobolan is often regarded as weak compared to other steroids. That’s because all it does is the anabolic process. It’s very good at converting protein into muscle. That’s what we all want, right? Yet, compared to dianabol, which increases blood volume it isn’t nearly as dramatic. With dianabol, you get a pump picking the dumbbells off of the rack! The veterinarian steroid “Trenbolone”) has become popular with gym rats and the fitness message board crowd for the simple reason that the results are quick and dramatic. You will burn fat like crazy on Tren! Of course, it does so by cooking your insides, but hey...people want fast and they want easy. Although Primobolan will provide twice the gains you get from training naturally, you’ll still have to train hard and take in enough protein for it to do what it does. So if you think Primobolan is weak, you’re either not taking in enough protein or you’re training like a pussy. That says a lot about the mindset of too many people today. They want the drugs to do all the “heavy lifting” so to speak. Drugs are an enhancement, but it still comes down to proper training, otherwise, it’s a case of the tail wagging the dog. The old rules still apply and always will -- lift heavy, lift often and eat lots of protein. Do that enough and you will get results. And that leads us up right back to where we started. Once it’s understood how the body builds muscle and how it uses nutrients to do so, it becomes apparent that long periods without food can only work against your muscle growth goals. And if you're taking steroids to prevent catabolism while fasting, you're wasting your time and money. They'll be far less effective. Wait until you're in an environment that encourages growth.

DON’T DEFEND A LOSING PROPOSITION
Ask most doctors about fasting and the consensus will be pretty unanimous. They’ll say intermittent fasting (10-16 hours) can help with lessening the problems associated with excess weight, but anything over 24 hours is unnecessary. There isn;t hard scientific evidence of its effectiveness, mostly random studies that draw a conclusion that is arguable. In fact, one famed cardiologist, Dr. Ethan Weiss, had been advocating fasting for years and had to admit the position he held so sternly was erroneous. On further testing, the positive results from simply adjusting eating habits had the same results as fasting. But without the torture. Then again, some people feel that if they suffer enough, they’re REALLY getting good results!

It’s tough to accept something that you believe to be true is in error. No one ever says “thank you” for being proven wrong. People want to believe what they want to believe. Millions of people believe in the benefits of acupuncture even though there isn’t a shred of scientific evidence that it does anything at all. It’s pure placebo. But if someone thinks it’s working for them, who am I to tell them they’re wrong? And the same goes for fasting. Some people like it. They feel “cleansed.” They lost weight and the results speak for themselves. Fine. But when someone says they build more muscle by not eating, that has as much credibility as saying they built more muscle by doing yoga instead of lifting weights. And I’m sure you can find a study that’ll show that! But it’s just not so in reality.

If you choose to cut back on calories, then cut back mostly on carbs and fats. But never cut them out all together. You need them all. You just don’t want an excess of either.

AND WE”RE BACK WHERE WE STARTED

Fasting is in vogue with a new generation who may not even be aware that it’s been around for centuries. And it isn’t like it’s spawned a bounty of centenarians.

Jack LaLanne experimented with every type of diet imaginable before he settled on the basic concept of eating a balance of healthy foods you enjoy and concentrate on exercise. He said; “You don’ t build a championship race horse by the way you feed it. You build it by training it!” And he continued training all his life and remained in fantastic shape. La Lanne lived to be 96. Meanwhile, one of the first advocates of Fasting was Clive McCay, who swore that following the guidelines of his research, people could live far beyond 100 years of age. He kicked off at 68. And then there’s Jeanne Calment who is on record as being the oldest living human being. She lived to be 122 years old. Her secret ? She says she made sure she ate “a good amount of chocolate every day.”

So how about a compromise? Cutting back on calories and big meals can be a step in the right direction. You may be surprised to find out you don’t need as much food as you thought. But if you want to build more muscle, you need to eat. And you need plenty of protein. Go too long without it and you not only stop growing but your muscles will begin to atrophy -- ever so slightly, but in this game, it’s a constant battle against Mother Nature. She likes homeostasis. The body doesn’t want to change. Getting it to pack on more muscle takes work and manipulation. You have to fight for every ounce you can get. You can’t let up. SO give it what it needs.

Don’t stress it by denying it nourishment for too long.

Bon Appetit'!

The problem is all too often few people do any of the protocols 100% correctly.

That's what I'm trying to estabiish. But I think most people are happy doing things incorrectly as long as they can get a few bros to tell them how awesome it is.

That's what I'm trying to estabiish. But I think most people are happy doing things incorrectly as long as they can get a few bros to tell them how awesome it is.

By way of example we get a great deal of members asking stuff like 'Can I use BCAA during a fast?'. Surely anything other than water isn't a fkin fast?!

By way of example we get a great deal of members asking stuff like 'Can I use BCAA during a fast?'. Surely anything other than water isn't a fkin fast?!

People want instruction. It gives them a sense of security. Hey, politicians know this and use it to control the masses all the time. I say...who gives a fuck what somebody is calling a fast. Using BCAA's when going long periods without food is an excellent idea.

People want instruction. It gives them a sense of security. Hey, politicians know this and use it to control the masses all the time. I say...who gives a fuck what somebody is calling a fast. Using BCAA's when going long periods without food is an excellent idea.

I do. Either do it properly - and as you said people have been doing it for centuries - or don't do it at all

Great read!

Also Nelson I think you had this in another post but people eat till they are full. They do it for comfort.

This is why I believe so many people fail when eating multiple "small" meals a day vs a fast. They overeat 3-5 times a day whereas with a fast say you have 1-2 meals the risk of overating is mitigated (to some extend unless you just say fuck it and eat till you pass out LOL!).

I dont think its that fasting is such a better protocol for people its when you say eat small meals people dont realize a small meal isnt a footlong turkey club from subway.....

Back
Top Bottom