Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Artificial sweetners

30rock

Registered
I see alot of protein powders that say 0g sugar. What are they using to achieve that ? Are they using natural flavors or is it all chemical based? I want to be taking the least chemical option if it exists.

Most are using artificial sweeteners like sucralose.

Not all though. Some use the natural calorie free sweetener stevia. It's not common because it's much more expensive then artificial sweeteners though

I see alot of protein powders that say 0g sugar. What are they using to achieve that ? Are they using natural flavors or is it all chemical based? I want to be taking the least chemical option if it exists.

It can be confusing. It certainly means no sugar has been added. It doesn't mean no sweeteners have been added. It can also mean that the product has little or no naturally occurring sugar. Typically a concentrate will contain a little lactose which is a form of sugar found in milk. So a nutritional profile will breakdown carbs, fat etc and include (usually in brackets after the carbs) what natural levels of sugar there is.

it is a ruse not only in this example but a lot of products. diet soda for example has 0 sugar

yet we know that the body has a different reaction when you consume diet soda vs. consuming a piece of fruit that has sugar. how do you feel drinking 2 diet soda's vs. eating 2 pieces of watermelon? which ones makes you feel hydrated? which ones provides you with fiber and minerals/vitamins?

Most are using artificial sweeteners like sucralose.

Not all though. Some use the natural calorie free sweetener stevia. It's not common because it's much more expensive then artificial sweeteners though

Could not erythritol, maltitol, sorbitol, xylitol and other sugar alcohols also be used in protein powders?

Avoid all the chemicals if you can. Use some honey if you can. Better for you.

I don't use any artificial sweeteners

Sent from my SM-J810G using Tapatalk

Yes but keep in mind that sugar alcohols are not calorie free. They are sugar free but not calorie free

Oh yeah, that's true.
But don't most if not all sugar alcohols carry very few calories per serving?

Back
Top Bottom