Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sugar based drinks. No artificial sweeteners

Jabronie

Veteran Member
EVO V.I.P.
Is powdered Gatorade the only choice for adding carbo gain (maltodextrin)? I can't think of anything else at the moment that's powdered form not a made drink. Reason being, I read a few medical studies on the negativity of adding carbs with artificial sweeteners.

I actually do with my weight dropping. Our work volume has gone up with this panic buying and we are short staffed

The panic buying here has calmed down. You'll catch up soon. Back when I did the crazy hours / laboring type jobs ( I worked a LOT of hours in a meat plant back in the day) I'd stash bananas, a sandwich and milk in my locker. You could also make up hi cal soups and put that in a flask. Lots better for you.

I would just by maltodextrin instead of Gatorade if you need it.
Yeah but you can't just drink straight powder. That's a horrible taste.
Plus staying hydrated might be an issue with me. Been to the ER a couple times last summer.

The panic buying here has calmed down. You'll catch up soon. Back when I did the crazy hours / laboring type jobs ( I worked a LOT of hours in a meat plant back in the day) I'd stash bananas, a sandwich and milk in my locker. You could also make up hi cal soups and put that in a flask. Lots better for you.
Not here in the states. People are still acting like crackheads. I don't get it.

Yeah that's a great idea but I'm on a truck all day with deliveries. And if you have deliveries like the UPS man sometimes all those heavy meals aren't the best when you don't have much of an appetite. Especially when someone on the third floor wants a new bed. So now liquid nutrition is greatly important. I don't wanna feel so full and heavy.

Check out Vitargo. Pound that. Then get some
Emergen-C electroMix electrolyte replacement packets and drop that in your water gallon

Check out Vitargo. Pound that. Then get some
Emergen-C electroMix electrolyte replacement packets and drop that in your water gallon
Yeah i know about vitargo. But the flavored ones are still artificial sweeteners

Yeah i know about vitargo. But the flavored ones are still artificial sweeteners

They have flavor/sweetener free which I use

c25f07ec7c747bfd448af88af380d386.jpg

They have flavor/sweetener free which I use

c25f07ec7c747bfd448af88af380d386.jpg
Yes sir got the same one. But I'm looking for something flavored to add it to. If I look at bcaa drinks, they're all using artificial sweeteners as well as other sports drinks. So I'm just looking for something I guess sugar-based to add these unflavored carb supps.

Yes sir got the same one. But I'm looking for something flavored to add it to. If I look at bcaa drinks, they're all using artificial sweeteners as well as other sports drinks. So I'm just looking for something I guess sugar-based to add these unflavored carb supps.

Ah, gotcha. Off the top of my head how about just adding your own, like cinnamon? Raw cocoa powder? Powdered peanut butter? Juice? Sugar packets? Don’t you just pound them or you drink it little by little through the day? That Vitargo gets really gelatin like if I don’t hammer it down right away

Ah, gotcha. Off the top of my head how about just adding your own, like cinnamon? Raw cocoa powder? Powdered peanut butter? Juice? Sugar packets? Don’t you just pound them or you drink it little by little through the day? That Vitargo gets really gelatin like if I don’t hammer it down right away
With vitargo, I pound it down after a workout. I know what you mean.
Carbo gain, I use to add it to Primeeval labs Amino acids during spring and summer, or "liquid IV". And sip on it through out the day and feel alot better.

Maybe try something like tailwind, especially if dehydration is an issue. Tastes good but not overbearing With sweetness has 25g of carbs/25g of sugar. Comes in powder form. Something like Cerasport has 10g of carbs in each little packet as well.

Maybe try something like tailwind, especially if dehydration is an issue. Tastes good but not overbearing With sweetness has 25g of carbs/25g of sugar. Comes in powder form. Something like Cerasport has 10g of carbs in each little packet as well.
Definitely checking out tailwind

Not here in the states. People are still acting like crackheads. I don't get it.

Yeah that's a great idea but I'm on a truck all day with deliveries. And if you have deliveries like the UPS man sometimes all those heavy meals aren't the best when you don't have much of an appetite. Especially when someone on the third floor wants a new bed. So now liquid nutrition is greatly important. I don't wanna feel so full and heavy.

You don't have to drink it all at once.

Last edited:
there is zero reason to ever put sugar or dex into your body. EVER EVER EVER. unless you are a top pro who slams tons of insulin with top 1% genetics

sugar is a MAGNET to disease and will make you store fat and increase insulin resistance on and on.

i don't care if you want to gain weight or keep weight right now, that isn't the way to ever do it. eat high quality organic whole foods. that is it.

^^^x2. No need to put garbage sugar in your body. You can gain weight by eating other foods too. After you train, go home and cook a proper meal vs trying to supplement to weight gain. Just be patient.

Is powdered Gatorade the only choice for adding carbo gain (maltodextrin)? I can't think of anything else at the moment that's powdered form not a made drink. Reason being, I read a few medical studies on the negativity of adding carbs with artificial sweeteners.

I use carbo gain myself time to time. I add it right into my whey shakes for post workout. I'm not sure where you read mixing carbs with artificial sweeteners was going to be negative but its definitely not. I've been doing it a long time

there is zero reason to ever put sugar or dex into your body. EVER EVER EVER. unless you are a top pro who slams tons of insulin with top 1% genetics

sugar is a MAGNET to disease and will make you store fat and increase insulin resistance on and on.

i don't care if you want to gain weight or keep weight right now, that isn't the way to ever do it. eat high quality organic whole foods. that is it.
Unless you're getting sugar from the lady.
I wasn't referring to even 40g of sugar in a drink. Just something to flavor the carbo gain and sip through out the day. When I made these drinks last summer/spring, I felt better when I had to lug a treadmill up the stairs to an apartment or long days of deliveries. Alot of days, appetite is a problem. So I needed to substitute it at least in-between meals.

Back
Top Bottom