Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Euro Pharmacies - Road to 520lbs Bench Press

I'm more of a strength athlete. It might be an age thing - plus I've a right shoulder info so the idea of the speed, stop and go... eek lol

I see what you mean :)

Yeah you have to adjust workouts for your injuries and limitations of course. In powerlifting you have to stop/pause a weight and wait for a judge's command to press again. The better you are able to control and accelerate once given the "PRESS" command the more force you can put into the bar and the more load you will be able to lift.
But, there are a lot of ways to develop that strength, pin presses which I also perform help with "starting strength" for when an object is not in motion (e.g. after having to pause and wait for a press command).

Also have to keep in mind relative load and intention of a workout. Depending on the indvidiual this movement would be performed around 40-60% 1RM. So for a 400lbs bencher (example) we would work TOWARDS doing this for 200-225

I see what you mean :)

Yeah you have to adjust workouts for your injuries and limitations of course. In powerlifting you have to stop/pause a weight and wait for a judge's command to press again. The better you are able to control and accelerate once given the "PRESS" command the more force you can put into the bar and the more load you will be able to lift.
But, there are a lot of ways to develop that strength, pin presses which I also perform help with "starting strength" for when an object is not in motion (e.g. after having to pause and wait for a press command).

Also have to keep in mind relative load and intention of a workout. Depending on the indvidiual this movement would be performed around 40-60% 1RM. So for a 400lbs bencher (example) we would work TOWARDS doing this for 200-225

This 100%. Last year I worked to my (as this year) 170kg at age 56 then (all time PB is 190kg/418lbs). I'd do a dead stop / pause with 120kg/264lbs before putting my elbow sleeves on and doing 140kg and up

Update:

Increased my PSL Masteron E by 400MG - 600mg total, will keep dosage here until competition.
Expecting to hit some big benches for volume over the next 2 weeks. But, ran into a problem! There are no open competitions coming up in the January - February range. :(

Putting feelings out there to see if any smaller ones may pop up.

Update:

Increased my PSL Masteron E by 400MG - 600mg total, will keep dosage here until competition.
Expecting to hit some big benches for volume over the next 2 weeks. But, ran into a problem! There are no open competitions coming up in the January - February range. :(

Good idea to increase masteron closer to the show. Let's see your results from the show, we are waiting on updates.

Update:

Well damn. Adjust the plan

My first "Viral" bench video, this past saturday:

https://youtu.be/hDOiekUxBRk

Peak week at the end of this massive 15 week training paradigm

Capture.jpg

Am getting ready to gear up for my strength block, probably will slightly modify the reps from 6x6 to 5x6.
May the saga continue :)

Back
Top Bottom