Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where are the older lions at, you still training and not giving up?

~Vision~

PuritySourceLabs Official
PSL Sponsor
How many older Lions are still here, and plugging away in this lifestyle with no plans to hang it up quite yet?
Have you achieved your desired goals, are you still reaching for them and are you satisfied with where this journey has taken you throughout the years?
42 here gonna be 43, but I feel better than I did in my prime, or at least what I considered my prime in my mid twenties.. I'm a firm believer that a man in this lifestyle is truly at his prime between 33 and 40 anyhow.. Truth is, the forties creeps into the fifties and so on that does not we have to make plans anytime soon on grabbing a yoga mat and bike only, with a vegetable juice machine and some Metamucil.. Although, those are all still healthy choices and highly recommended for anything :)
Minus the metamucil if you're young and have a good diet :)

I most definitely have no plans on slowing down, how about you other aging men?

It's been a fun ride, but my goals have changed slightly, along with my approach, maxing out days have long left the building, years ago. In fact I'm making great progress now, more than I ever have - injury free.. Experience with instinctive training goes a long way.

You?

It's been a fun ride, but my goals have changed slightly, along with my approach, maxing out days have long left the building, years ago. In fact I'm making great progress now, more than I ever have - injury free.. Experience with instinctive training goes a long way.

You?
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that ! I have had several pretty severe injuries that were definitely work related but probably the super heavy lifting and overtraining I did in my 20s may have contributed. I have taken a few breaks from lifting and everytime the chronic pain comes back with avengance. I certainly dont train like I am competing anymore but at the same time, I look almost as good as I did when i was in the off season. And really if i dont keep my core and lower back in top notch condition, my quality of life goes down significantly. I will do it as long as I can!

40 here and I still killin' it. 40 is great. Still lift 4x a week and still rip on a dirtbike. My kids are old enough now to realize their dad is a badass. Lol.

Speaking which I'm going to check out that log right now..
At 55 I hope I still plug away like you are..
You're an absolute beast!!

Consistency plays a big part.

My goals have definitely changed over time. What I notice now is how much more discipline I have. I don't know if I will every feel like I have achieved my goal because once I smash a goal I have another one.

Turning 40 here in the next 4 months. Looking forward to the next 10 years of experimenting and just watching my body react to the compounds as I age.
I have only done HGH briefly, I wanted to save that pathway to exploit it as I got older and now going into 40 I think it is the perfect time to begin adding some GH to my lifestyle a few months out of the year.
Besides maybe adding more compounds that I have purposely stayed away from, I don't think I will ever stop or slow down.

I'll be 46 next month. I'm not looking to get bigger or stronger really at this point. I'm just looking to maintain. My numbers are as good as they've ever been si I'm just looking to keep them as long as possible. I used to be very strict on staying single digit bodyfat but I've loosened up a bit on that too. I'm happy staying around 10% now. It allows me more diet leniency and freedom and very easy to maintain while still looking very lean. I'm done with heavy cycles. I stick to mild compounds now, and only thing I run high anymore is test which my body loves

yoga saved my life. highly recommended before you start getting problems. weight training is very compressive on the spine

this is very true although I'm very inexperienced in this aspect but I have Incorporated yoga, it truly does help with mobility and the range of motion, it is so good for the body and the mind and Spirit.. it is probably one of the most under estimated things that people can use to enhance their sense of well-being and the quality of life.

I turned 40 recently, and by my reckoning I'm probably in the best shape of my life - overall. All the components are there now - quality, wholesome diet, CARDIO, and weights, with light stretching a few times every day. I'm not as big as I've been, but I'm not as small either. My cardio isn't at it's absolute peak, but it's excellent and I'm 30lbs more solid than I was when it was at it's best etc.

Women in their 20's still find me very attractive (something I had no clue about women when I was in my 20's LOL).

But over the past year I could tell that my body was winding down abit. I'd get consistent little aches and pains in tendons, and muscle strains - even while using better form, less weight, and less volume than at most points of my 27 years of on and off training experience.

I started taking DHEA at 150mg per the advice of that fine bodybuilder that passed awhile ago - Leroy Colbert. Within a couple of days I noticed a significant increase in my overall feeling of vitality, and over several months of using it I knew I was ready to go on TRT.

My goal is to run a TRT dosage of Test E that will put me at the peak of normal to 15-20% above that. I'm 5'8.5" and 184lbs atm in good shape, but my goal is to be 185-205lbs at 10% bodyfat - the look I'm going for being the real indicator of the bodyweight needed to achieve that look.

I've been 248lbs in my 20's and 30's, but frankly, I have no interest in being that big again, and I've finally learned that I want to build an amazing physique for me primarily - like 85% me, 15% for the ladies. Most women probably already think I'm pretty heavily muscled considering their opinions on muscularity do not match what most guys consider muscular.

I don't want to look normal. I want to look enhanced - but athletic enhanced, or a little under classic bodybuilding enhanced - something like Frank Zane, only a little more Running back than bodybuilder - like Walter Payton with a little extra muscle.

Despite that, I don't want my test levels so high that estrogen is a problem, nor do I want to invite unnecessary prostate trouble. I look at my goals as a combination of supporting my vitality and vanity for as long as I can.

It's a lifestyle, and I'm fully committed to the lifestyle now - something I never really understood back in the day, which is why I never did achieve the look that I wanted, because I did not possess the level of consistency and discipline required to build it. It requires the total package of diet, cardio, weights, stretching or yoga, outdoor activities etc - and TIME to make it happen.

I've also met guys in the gym or on the trail in their 50's and even early to mid 60's that look better than most in shape 20 year old guys - and these men were not genetic Arnold's and Reeves - just good genetics with discipline, consistency, goals, and some extra sauce to make it possible. I won't settle for a belly, poor posture, and decreased vitality when we live in an age where we don't have to accept that as men - considering the technology we have access to. I have no problem with getting older, but I do have a problem with not being the best I can be regardless of my age.

I've been lifting weights since I was 13 years old in my room with the plastic and concrete Sears weight set and bench w/leg extension that my dad bought me. I remember pumping iron listening to Tupac and flipping through the magazines, seeing the champs like Yates, Levrone, Flex, Reeves, Mentzer, Grimek - all of the greats. I remember that moment when I realized I would never be a bodybuilding champ - being a realistic critic of my genetics when compared to the elite, but in time I've also come to appreciate that while I don't have good enough genetic to probably win even the smallest local bodybuilding show, I'm grateful to God for what I have, and what I have is enough to still look like a superhero by my standards.

Ok, that's enough snippet of my lifestory, but the Iron Game is in my blood and always will be. I always come back to it, and don't plan on leaving it again.

I turned 40 recently, and by my reckoning I'm probably in the best shape of my life - overall. All the components are there now - quality, wholesome diet, CARDIO, and weights, with light stretching a few times every day. I'm not as big as I've been, but I'm not as small either. My cardio isn't at it's absolute peak, but it's excellent and I'm 30lbs more solid than I was when it was at it's best etc.

Women in their 20's still find me very attractive (something I had no clue about women when I was in my 20's LOL).

But over the past year I could tell that my body was winding down abit. I'd get consistent little aches and pains in tendons, and muscle strains - even while using better form, less weight, and less volume than at most points of my 27 years of on and off training experience.

I started taking DHEA at 150mg per the advice of that fine bodybuilder that passed awhile ago - Leroy Colbert. Within a couple of days I noticed a significant increase in my overall feeling of vitality, and over several months of using it I knew I was ready to go on TRT.

My goal is to run a TRT dosage of Test E that will put me at the peak of normal to 15-20% above that. I'm 5'8.5" and 184lbs atm in good shape, but my goal is to be 185-205lbs at 10% bodyfat - the look I'm going for being the real indicator of the bodyweight needed to achieve that look.

bro welcome to the evo family....TRT is the way to go with sarms...

Thanks gearhead.

TRT with sarms is exactly my plan - because I don't want to run more than 250-300mg test E a week.

I've been on Ostarine for almost 3 weeks, and figured I would try most of them out progressively over the next year or two.

Thinking RAD-140 at 15mg ed, then LGD-4033 at 10mg ed, and then s23 at 20mg ed - each run on their own for a full cycle with TRT. I want to know exactly what each compound does and how I respond to them.

I'm interested in YK-11 last, but I absolutely will not use anything that might affect my tendons/ligaments or joints in a bad way.

I like the Ostarine at 25mg ed. Within 2-3 days I noticed a slightly fuller look and feeling in the muscles, and more vascularity. Within a week I could tell that fat loss was accelerated as I am currently remaining steady at 184lbs ed + or - roughly half a pound, but getting stronger.

Glad to have you brother. If you get on a proper TRT protocol you should not have estrogen issues. It will take time for your body to adjust but I do not recommend using an AI unless absolutely necessary. Work with a good doctor that will not just impose a one size fits all program on you. Get your dose to the upper normal range where you are not having estrogen become an issue. A typical dose range is 100-200mg per week for most guys. Pinning more often will help with side effects as well. Even though it will be a long ester, the more often you pin the better. Think about it this way, you are just trying to replace what your body was making. Your body did not produce test once per week and let it ride. It made a little each day.

welcome to the forum. at the end of the day wear and tear catches up to you. our bodies aren't designed to weight train and pound our bodies the way we do. it is important to use the tools to our advantage

I figure I'll pin 3x a week with an insulin needle - delts and pecs mostly. With only 1/3 of a cc I might do traps too - did them a few times with a cc back in the day and wasn't bad.

My goal is to be at the top of the upper range or a little above, hence 250mg a week. I am going for more than just replacement, but still within an acceptable healthy range.

I plan on using the generally recommend dosages on Sarms, as I know that the test alone will have me significantly stronger/muscular than my natural state, and the Sarms will take that up another notch.

Back
Top Bottom