Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why fasting helps you live longer, helps build more muscle. and my prolong fast LOG

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

I haven't updated this thread in a little while but wanted to fire it back up cause it will save lives and boost your health

Some new research I wanted to share which is very important

Mark Mattson and Rafael de Cabo, both PHD's at John Hopkins put out some new data

their findings found that when you fast vs. eat in a caloric deficit your body goes through something called metabolic switching where fasting triggers the body to switch its source of energy from glucose stored in the liver to ketones which are stored in fat. now anyone who has fasted knows this happens, simply get a ketone strip. and if you have taken the time to actually read this thread and listen to my podcasts you already know about this.

but here is where their findings really get fun.

the MORE you put your body into this state the MORE the benefits. in other words the more you fast the better it is for you. to get yourself into this state you must go minimum 20 hours and then let it roll and roll

they found that users had 'broad spectrum benefits' not only disease resistance but also IMPROVED mental and physical performance. this was found in athletes and also normal people all equally.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMx190038

so basically aim to do atleast a solid 24-36 hour fast weekly or every other week if you want to boost your athletic performance and keep diseases away. its the best thing you can do for your body

so during the summer you recommend fasting from say saturday till monday morning? or how would you do it?

so during the summer you recommend fasting from say saturday till monday morning? or how would you do it?

fasting during summer months is a pain because of dehydration

it is important to keep yourself well hydrated if you want to fast during summer. remember a lot of your electrolytes and water comes from food (although american diet has little to none of either anyway)

so the way i would do it is lunch to lunch or dinner to dinner. that is 24 hours. you can add another 6 hours by doing lunch to dinner next day. make sure you hydrate in between

the objective is to go past 20 hours and let the magic happen.

Just drink liquids when fasting? I'm thinking about trying it. No food for 24 hours ? Steve?

Just drink liquids when fasting? I'm thinking about trying it. No food for 24 hours ? Steve?

24 hours just spring water. you can add some salt and cream of tartar (potassium) to your water but that is it. that is a water fast so no food just water.

easiest way to do it is lunch today and don't eat until lunch tomorrow. or do dinner to dinner. whatever works for you. that would be 24 hours that way. and if you want to keep it going just take it 1 hour at a time from there. you might feel good and want to push it to 36 hours which is super effective. remember if you feel 'hungry' its not really hunger of course unless you are 3% or less body fat. so what you do is shake off that habitual eating you are used to. go for a short walk, drink a ton of water, do some exercise, anything to get your mind off of it and you will be fine.

i would listen to this podcast rick and i did on fasting. it is full of info https://www.evolutionary.org/big-fasting-diet-episode-no-food-19days/
also check out this thread> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...ld-more-muscle-my-prolong-fast-log-81856.html
and check out my fasting logs> https://www.evolutionary.org/my-19-day-water-fast-story/

- - - Updated - - -

also anyone is free to PM me their email addy and I will get you a free copy of my fasting Ebook/guide. it will tell you exactly what and how to fast. with your physique fasting will really sharpen things up for you IMO. you will lean out and keep all your muscle. and over time you will get stronger and gain more lean muscle tissue. it is an absolute weapon not just for how you look but also how you feel and your overall health

Last edited:
Alright thanks Steve. I'm definitely gonna try it listen to the podcast. Appreciate the info

Fasting in the blue zones (blue zones have the most centurians, people who live over 100, in the world)

Throughout the history of humankind, fasting has been part of religious, spiritual, and health practices. In the blue zones region of Ikaria, long-living people there observe about 150 days of religious fasting a year. people in these areas don't even know what obesity is, or heart disease, or kidney disease, cancer, or any other 'common disease' we see around the world.

“As research into autophagy has expanded, it has become clear that it is not simply a response to starvation. It also contributes to a range of physiological functions, such as inhibiting cancer cells and aging, eliminating pathogens and cleaning the insides of cells. We have also begun to see a small explosion in research that demonstrates a new function with the knocking out genes that contribute to autophagy.
” ---Japanese cell biologist Yoshinori Ohsumi won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2016 for his research on how cells recycle and renew their content, a process called autophagy. Fasting activates autophagy, which helps slow down the aging process and has a positive impact on cell renewal.

winning a nobel prize is the most prestrigious award you can get in science. it means that you know what you are talking about on this stuff

https://www.bluezones.com/2018/10/f...in the blue zones,of religious fasting a year.

so yes people who fast live longer and healthier!!

anytime you get a sickness or injury fast and it will speed up your healing process

- - - Updated - - -

Alright thanks Steve. I'm definitely gonna try it listen to the podcast. Appreciate the info

I sent you my Ebook man free of charge. feel free to forward it to whomever you want

anyone else want a copy just shoot me your email via PM.

Last edited:
The more you fast the easier it gets too. I remember the first 24 hour fast I did and how hard it was. Really all mental though because all you do is think about eating. You realize quick how big a part of your life eating is. But once you do a few 24 hour fasts, extending it becomes much easier.

I got a good question today from someone on fasting

they wanted to know what to tell friends family when you do a fast.

well my answer is you don't tell them!

because as this thread illustrates there are a lot of jealous haters out there who will want to put you down and want you to fail at it.

some mean well, they will worry about you. the most common thing is 'your blood sugar wil drop too low'. usually its people who are so addicted to sugar that they think they have to eat every 2 hours saying that. essentially they are junkies lol. but for some reason they think their opinion matters. your blood sugar DOES NOT DROP LOW while fasting. for me it will drop into the high 60's and stay there throughout my fast. bloodwork does NOT lie but people do. the ONLY way your blood sugar will drop too low is if you are taking diabetes medication obviously or if you suffer from some rare conditions which would have likely been diagnosed a long time ago.

other people will tell you that you are 'starving yourself'. the same people who say that are the ones who are fat and obese. again they just don't understand what fasting is all about

the bottom line is fasting is something personal and its nobody's business when you do it. stay off social media and just focus on your own healing. if you want to log it here on the forums that is a smarter choice then broadcasting what you are doing on facebook. that is going to be your best bet.

- - - Updated - - -

The more you fast the easier it gets too. I remember the first 24 hour fast I did and how hard it was. Really all mental though because all you do is think about eating. You realize quick how big a part of your life eating is. But once you do a few 24 hour fasts, extending it becomes much easier.

this is true.

as your body becomes more insulin sensitive fasting becomes easier and easier

those who are in really really bad shape currently will want to start off doing a 24 hour fast and not jump into a 5 day fast. work your way up

I got a good question today from someone on fasting

they wanted to know what to tell friends family when you do a fast.

well my answer is you don't tell them!

because as this thread illustrates there are a lot of jealous haters out there who will want to put you down and want you to fail at it.

some mean well, they will worry about you. the most common thing is 'your blood sugar wil drop too low'. usually its people who are so addicted to sugar that they think they have to eat every 2 hours saying that. essentially they are junkies lol. but for some reason they think their opinion matters. your blood sugar DOES NOT DROP LOW while fasting. for me it will drop into the high 60's and stay there throughout my fast. bloodwork does NOT lie but people do. the ONLY way your blood sugar will drop too low is if you are taking diabetes medication obviously or if you suffer from some rare conditions which would have likely been diagnosed a long time ago.

other people will tell you that you are 'starving yourself'. the same people who say that are the ones who are fat and obese. again they just don't understand what fasting is all about

the bottom line is fasting is something personal and its nobody's business when you do it. stay off social media and just focus on your own healing. if you want to log it here on the forums that is a smarter choice then broadcasting what you are doing on facebook. that is going to be your best bet.

- - - Updated - - -

this is true.

as your body becomes more insulin sensitive fasting becomes easier and easier

those who are in really really bad shape currently will want to start off doing a 24 hour fast and not jump into a 5 day fast. work your way up

Fasting is a type of starvation but starvation is not bad at all, the word "sounds bad" but it's not bad at all

I do a lot of fasting for bulking and it works

Back
Top Bottom