Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm 30, I just had a heart attack.

Tb3003

Everything by the books, no crazy doses and I type this from the cardiac unit at mother fucking
30 years old. For what? You guys are cool but FUCK the gear game not worth it one bit.

Everything by the books, no crazy doses and I type this from the cardiac unit at mother fucking
30 years old. For what? You guys are cool but FUCK the gear game not worth it one bit.

I, on the other hand, have also used low doses, sensible cycles and haven't had a heart attack. They'll be more to it than just using gear.

More like luck of the draw pal

Not so. If that was true we'd see a LOT of users having heart attacks. If me and you, with our sensible doses are potential victims, then all those stupid enough to use high doses would be f**ked. In recent years, with 5g mega doses too common now, we HAVE seen a few pop off this mortal coil. But hundreds... thousands? No.

Genetics play a part. My dad had a couple of heart scares in his 40's. They had him change his diet. One problem he always had was piss poor dietary habits (no breakfast... shit lunch and big evening meals) and regular alcohol (never excessive just every day). He also smoked. As far as I know no other family members on either side had the same problem. Do any of yours?

What about exercise? Not weights / gym work. But actual heart conditioning. I'm a big fucker now. I sit at 290+ (295 yesterday). I work part time in a semi-physical job (some office work and some hands on work). I try to get out and do trail walking at least 2x a week and, as I don't drive, I'll walk everywhere locally. I'm fully aware that there are very few BIG old strength athletes. Being close to 300lbs is not healthy. However, the gym work and the walking help negate that somewhat.

Diet also plays a part. I NEVER miss breakfast. I'll get up an hour earlier than 'er indoors so as to eat my oats if, as per this weekend, we go visit and drive 300 miles each way. I enjoy my crap food too but I try to be vaguely sensible 80% of the time.

Other filthy habits. Too many people use other drugs, drink and smoke and forget how shit they are and then, when they fuck up, blame the steroids. Think on. If you've sniffed a little too much blow, dropped too many pills and been drunk (aka we 'partied') far too often then how was it just the AAS that fucked us up? It's been said that many who use AAS are as likely to use other drugs too. While a drug user might then use gear it's not so true that someone who has never used drugs but uses AAS then goes onto other drugs.

Medication. Here in the Uk we are slowly following the US of A in using a LOT more prescribed meds than years past. These come with side effects too.

There's more. Do any of the above apply to you?

Last edited:
there is a difference between having a genetic flaw in your heart and actually blaming genetics for heart problems

yes people with heart disease might have a parent or grandparents that had health problems.. but keep going back in time and i guarantee your ancestors were not dying from heart disease or getting heart attacks at 30.

the bottom line is heart problems are what I call AFFLUENT DISEASES, same as type 2 diabetes and obesity. this means if you go back let's say 100 years people were not having these issues UNLESS they were super rich. going back even further the only people with that problem were kings and queens who were rich enough to eat what they wanted, when they wanted. and didn't have to lift a finger for any of it.

now do steroids contribute to heart disease? absolutely they will make a problem worse. that is why I always tell people to RUN BLOODWORK and check your heart health. in fact on our last podcast i recommended that there were 2 things you can do FOR FREE daily and that is getting your blood pressure checked throughout the day and also seeing where your resting heart rate is. if your #'s aren't good you should not be touching steroids! but if you are health and run steroids smart and conservatively you can absolutely use them without issues as mobster said above i agree. the more time you spend OFF of them the better.

Genetically I think I'm better suited (before lifting for sure) to middle distance running. Like Stevesmi I ran a fair bit - between 1982 and 1990 I'd run 5 days a week to work (sometimes more) and then 1-2 evenings a week and 1 x 10km on a Sunday. All while doing a physical/manual job and hitting the gym a minimum of 2x a week. My rest heart rate was (first thing in the morning) in the mid-30's (38?). More recently my BP was only off from perfect (1-2 years back the last it was measured) by 2 points (I was quite put out lol) for my age. I drink a LOT less than the average Joe and I'm a LOT stronger and workout more than most people regardless of my age.

I'd also agree with Stevesmi re the food / affluence thing. When I have money I 'eat well' meaning richer food. When I don't I eat cleaner out of necessity. One reason I gained weight (from about 282lbs a year or so ago) til now is I'm eating far more puddings - simple as. So, to use that analogy again, I'm eating 'richer'. If I didn't trail walk or lift I think I'd be a proper fat SOB as opposed to a hard muscular fella with a pudding / power belly. I would, quite seriously, have health issues.

In fact, topic aside, the only problems I have really are gut health related (something Stevesmi touches on a LOT). I can't eat, with gastric distress, foods I had no issues with when I was younger. Top of that list is any kind of milk or dark chocolate. Foods about to turn (so on their last use by date), such as milk, that I'd digest with zero issues before kick my ass now. I also notice if a food product has too much glucose syrup and the like. And I've NEVER been able to do any kind of spicy food at all.

It's this kind of 'knowing' your body which helps. Be honest, dear reader, do you KNOW you have bad habits? Do you blame PED's, which (of course) don't help all the while staying out late, smoking, drinking and doing drugs only to then say 'it was them damn roids'. Be honest.

Fuck dude glad to hear you are ok! Im 38 luckily nothing major here but I feel you thats why its always a risk running AAS. Thats why we always drill people on low bodyfat before even considering PEDs. It can just compound an already bad situation.

Not saying thats the case with you but people dont realize or want to accept the long term impacts of AAS use.

My resting heart rate is always between 70-90...i think thats high but the Dr says its normal

it is normal, your doctor is correct

but athletes should be lower. that is fine, not everyone has goals to be 'an athlete' though

mine is at 53-55 and I am almost 40yrs old. my secret? i put only clean things in my body and I do bikram yoga 2-3X per week. i credit the yoga with dropping my # a solid 5-10 points. it is very very tough 90 minutes of hell cardio and builds a super strong heart. that is why i recommend it a lot on here

Time is the biggest deterent to my cardio output...i train for 75-90 min 5 days a week and to add 45min of cardio to that would be nearly impossible working full time...i barely do 30min of cardio 3 times a week

Kept my diet clean, and still no problems with gear in my mid-40s *knocks on wood*

Can you share some more details of this heart attack? What is your cardiologist telling you is the cause? What are your warning factors in your life and family history?

Can you share some more details of this heart attack? What is your cardiologist telling you is the cause? What are your warning factors in your life and family history?

It was minor, heart troponin at about 3. My hearts only ejecting at 45% I’m still in the hospital and I’m just upset. They can’t tell me if this is permanent or not.

Tb3003, God Bless, you are here talking about it so, I always try to turn things into a positive.
8 months dealing with Skin cancer, surfing since 11 years old, caught up to me, sunscreen, that was for ...
Life, it can knock me down, but I keep getting back up! I have extremely soft skin now from all the radiation

God Bless, I PRAY alot !!!!

It was minor, heart troponin at about 3. My hearts only ejecting at 45% I’m still in the hospital and I’m just upset. They can’t tell me if this is permanent or not.

Is this a problem with a valve? Or has your heart enlarged to the point it' no longer pumping efficiently? Both of these are genetic in nature but heart enlargement can be exacerbated with AAS use for sure...since AAS and HGH cause all muscles to get bigger....including the heart.

I hope you're okay man. God bless. Ask as many questions as possible and try to get on top of your health. The older you get, the harder habits get to break and your body isn't as forgiving as it is in your youth. The heart is the most important muscle in your body, so if it isn't healthy neither are any of your other muscles. Stay strong

Fuck dude glad to hear you are ok! Im 38 luckily nothing major here but I feel you thats why its always a risk running AAS. Thats why we always drill people on low bodyfat before even considering PEDs. It can just compound an already bad situation.

Not saying thats the case with you but people dont realize or want to accept the long term impacts of AAS use.

I remember you recommend me to to not use AAS in 20% bodyfat . hehe

Is this a problem with a valve? Or has your heart enlarged to the point it' no longer pumping efficiently? Both of these are genetic in nature but heart enlargement can be exacerbated with AAS use for sure...since AAS and HGH cause all muscles to get bigger....including the heart.

They did the heart cath and only described the function as weakened and didn’t say there where any physical abnormalities I get realeased today and have to start pct which I’m really nervous about taking since this is pretty uncharted territory.

My blood pressure and heart rate is back down to 127/75 58bpm from 169/90 125bpm but I’m on beta-blockers

I was so mad when I made this thread and the only person I could blame was me. We all know the risks but I never thought the little cycles I run would yield this.

They did the heart cath and only described the function as weakened and didn’t say there where any physical abnormalities I get realeased today and have to start pct which I’m really nervous about taking since this is pretty uncharted territory.

My blood pressure and heart rate is back down to 127/75 58bpm from 169/90 125bpm but I’m on beta-blockers

I was so mad when I made this thread and the only person I could blame was me. We all know the risks but I never thought the little cycles I run would yield this.

Does this mean you were on non stop or are you referring to the heart issue?

Back
Top Bottom