Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What straps do you use? These are a game changer for me..

~Vision~

PuritySourceLabs Official
PSL Sponsor
What straps do you use? These are a game changer for me..

I made this same topic on a different community, I'm sharing here just to hear more thoughts and what other guys use..

I suffer from major forearm Arm Pump (and lower back pump) - Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome (CECS) of the Forearm in better words, genetics suck..
Recently, I had some suggestions handed down to me to better assist and to ditch the tested,tried and true old school straps that we all grew up with.. I knew better and been lazy with making the move as heard of guys swearing by these better straps for years..I'm late to lunch, what can I say?
I grabbed me those versa-gripps pros, but I couldn't see spending the money, but I owed it to myself.
Absolute game changer and almost no CECS activation..Say what?

No major injuries due to the gym, yet, and I'm on 25 years off and on. I plan on keeping it that way. I wish I snagged these sooner, I know better..

Anyone else using these?

For me I use to put straps or the wrist wraps on all the time. I quite using them to get the forearm strength. Now I only put them on for heavy deadlift or barbell row and only when I feel the bar start slipping thru my grip!

I may check these out tho V!

For me I use to put straps or the wrist wraps on all the time. I quite using them to get the forearm strength. Now I only put them on for heavy deadlift or barbell row and only when I feel the bar start slipping thru my grip!

I may check these out tho V!
Man Chad, you gotta see these.. no need for that long ass wrist strap.. these wrap around in a sec and when you're done, you just release and bail.. Look at them on youtube or other sources.. The cobras are nice too!

Bummer. They actually have a surgery for that where they open the muscle fascia. Had a few friends do it with success. Lot of pro off-road riders do it to eliminate the arm pump associated with gripping handlebars for extended periods while racing.

Bummer. They actually have a surgery for that where they open the muscle fascia. Had a few friends do it with success. Lot of pro off-road riders do it to eliminate the arm pump associated with gripping handlebars for extended periods while racing.

Yes I made a few threads about that some time back..

I use a strap for one set on one exercise - my 90-kilo dumbbell hammer curls. I never use them for anything else and they're the old school style.

I knew you were going to chime in lol. You are a grip record holder, you got vice clamps for hands.. lol..
In all seriousness, I've never use them my entire life until recently where I'm starting to increase the load and the compartment syndrome is becoming a bit overwhelming
I've always had it my entire life and I just worked around it, but these really help.. but I'm still a firm believer in using grips for developing forearms and strength, but there comes a point where it's just debilitating for me and it's no longer an option...

I honestly only lift raw.

i can understand that in some situations these accessories have a place, however we see an epidemic of guys in franchise gyms who walk around with wraps, straps, belts, and my favorite gloves! lol. the last time i walked into a franchise gym (LA FITNESS) half the guys in there had gloves! it is embarssing, that is why i don't workout at franchise gyms anymore (aside from their scam contracts)

I honestly only lift raw.

i can understand that in some situations these accessories have a place, however we see an epidemic of guys in franchise gyms who walk around with wraps, straps, belts, and my favorite gloves! lol. the last time i walked into a franchise gym (LA FITNESS) half the guys in there had gloves! it is embarssing, that is why i don't workout at franchise gyms anymore (aside from their scam contracts)

Man I totally get it.. and like you said there's some facilities where you see guys all wrapped up like mummies.
For the most part it's quite obvious who needs it for injury purposes, but like you're saying it's clear as day when you see guys walking around with unnecessary accessories looking like they're in the swat..

For myself I never use a belt, and depending on the time of year I will wear an elbow brace on my left elbow, or wrist wraps when pressing or doing overheads. That's mostly winter months when my joints become problematic.
I'll tell you what Steve, these allow me the opportunity to throw in an additional 20lbs on certain movements, while keeping my form nice and strict.. I mostly use them just for pull-downs, and shrugs, and bent over DB rows..

LA Fitness, I laugh whenever I hear that name.. haha..

^^^ yeah i cringe when i see people wrap up their knees, elbows etc. and then lift heavy. i have to look away and i know these guys and am friends with them. they all say they go home and pop aspirin after their workouts just to be able to sleep.

Lets see, squating without knee straps=pain. So I strap my knees because, no pain or much less. Belt for squats is a must for me. I'm 47 and 30 years of overloading is catching up to me. I dont care if someone is thinking straping knees looks rediculos, these are only knees I have, cant buy another ones, they do not make these old models any more hahahha, after all, no one made a funny remark to me straping knees, I am the biggest one in the gym.

I havent used straps for several years. I get much better grip strength and forearm growth by not using them. I make them do the work

Lets see, squating without knee straps=pain. So I strap my knees because, no pain or much less. Belt for squats is a must for me. I'm 47 and 30 years of overloading is catching up to me. I dont care if someone is thinking straping knees looks rediculos, these are only knees I have, cant buy another ones, they do not make these old models any more hahahha, after all, no one made a funny remark to me straping knees, I am the biggest one in the gym.

I'm 55. So... how big are you?

190cm, about 137kg and 40 years training. You're leaner than I am. My volume in terms of sets and reps is probably less than yours and my training is focused on strength. We only have a couple of bodybuilders but one is an IFBB pro. He'll have clients over of which one or two compete.

190cm, about 137kg and 40 years training. You're leaner than I am. My volume in terms of sets and reps is probably less than yours and my training is focused on strength. We only have a couple of bodybuilders but one is an IFBB pro. He'll have clients over of which one or two compete.

Right! I am following your log and your strength is sky high. I never do single reps, I dont know my PRs. 5-6 reps minimum, normally 10-12. So adjusting weight accordingly. Any way, regarding straps, as I said, dont care if someone find it funny, when squating and leg pressing, wraps are a must for me.

And I use normal wrist straps, for all pulling movements with heavier weight. And I will get these new fancy ones ...

Back
Top Bottom