Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stubborn belly fat

dreckis604

Hi guys. just wanted to reach out to the bothers on here and get some feedback. I'm 30 5"11 use to weigh in at 245 and decided I wanted to turn my life around and start getting healthy. With cardio I was able to drop all the way down to 170 which was a bit extreme but a great achievement none the less. I have no issues in dropping weight but I do seem to have this stubborn belly fat no matter what I do.

Just wanted to get some feedback on how you guys deal with it?? Any good exercises? My diet is pretty decent.

Breakfast - oaks and fruits (cranberry or blueberries) protien shake as well

Snacks are just almonds and walnuts

Lunch is usually a mixture of kayle greens with avacado basamic vinegar with some olive oil. Throw in some chicken breast and another protien shake

Usually have a protien bar

Dinner is usually red meats like lamb, beef, rice and always with veggy.

Protien shake

I never fry anything... I dont eat anything with sugar in it. I do drink diet pop because it satisfies my craving for sweet stuff and it REALLY helps with cravings.

Any tips ?

brother 245 to 170 is huge...congratulations!
bro on your diet...you need a lot more protein and healthy fats...and more veggies and fiber

brother 245 to 170 is huge...congratulations!
bro on your diet...you need a lot more protein and healthy fats...and more veggies and fiber

Thanks bud! any recommendations?? especially on the protien and fats.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also state 170 I was super skinny like gross skinny..... I've bulked up to 190 and didnt gain any waist size still 31 inches. I'm running test / mast cycle at the moment.

the last place excess fat is stored in males is the belly. unfortunately only way to get rid of it is to continue losing more fat.

you can try doing things like using a yohim cream on there and practicing daily stomach vacuuming

diet wise you want to shred avoid 2 things.

1--- sugars, and yes i unfortunately mean fruit as well
2--- nuts. nuts are healthy but people don't realize the amount of calories and fats they are taking in at a time. best to measure healthy liquid fats and know exactly what you're putting into your body

diet wise you want to shred avoid 2 things.

1--- sugars, and yes i unfortunately mean fruit as well
2--- nuts. nuts are healthy but people don't realize the amount of calories and fats they are taking in at a time. best to measure healthy liquid fats and know exactly what you're putting into your body

alright man i will try to cut back on nuts! any hints for snacking? Almonds are great they fill my belly

yeah its easy to go overboard on fats like nuts...to keep satiated eat more protein with fibrous vegetables.

Diet apart, cardio should be your best friend when losing fat. I remember that the best shape I have ever had came to me with lots of cardio - an average of 9-10 hours per week.

consistency, its stubborn fat for a reason because the body doesn't want to give it up.. Continue with hard work and dieting, it just takes a lot more time than people have patience for

Diet apart, cardio should be your best friend when losing fat. I remember that the best shape I have ever had came to me with lots of cardio - an average of 9-10 hours per week.

will kick the cardio into high gear I'm running 30 minutes per day at a damn well good pace.... I can run 10k in 38 minutes which is pretty decent.

will kick the cardio into high gear I'm running 30 minutes per day at a damn well good pace.... I can run 10k in 38 minutes which is pretty decent.

congrats on the weight loss man. This may be the problem. When talking about fat loss you generally want to use low intensity such that your body has the ability to oxidise this for energy, if you heart rate becomes too high you begin to use any present carbohydrates and not fat. Try steady cardio, incline on a treadmill or a brisk walk.

The biggest problem I see with your diet is the inclusion of WAY TOO many protein shakes. Whole food is much richer in nutrients and slower digesting, which will in turn increase metabolism and increase satiety of your meals.

Base your diet around whole food protein sources such as eggs/eggwhites, lean poultry, lean red meat, wild caught fish and low/non fat dairy. Include 1-2 shakes MAX per day into your diet. Make sure you are eating plenty of vegetables and getting in enough fibre each day.

Weight train 4-5 days per week and incorporate cardio 3-4 days per week into your training program. The most important thing is to be patient. Belly fat is a stubborn area for most men. It will come with time but it will be the last place to go.

Def agree with Muskate here. My first thought when looking at your breakdown was the amount of Protein shakes. I'd substitute a couple of those shakes with eggs, scrambled or omelet, a chicken breast, an avocado. Those are just a few sources that I rely on. Then again thats just my palate preference. Just curious what is the Carb/sugar, Pro, Fat breakdown in your shakes? PS keep up the good work. PPS The proverbial plateau can be a mind fuck if you allow it!!

If you have access to a bodpod or something similar, hit it up and get a body fat estimate. I found that when i first started, my bf% was much higher than I anticipated and had to adjust fire. After that, continue to get it reevaluated every month or so. Even @170, depending on what your body composition was before the weight loss, you can still be fat. Being light = being aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have access to a bodpod or something similar, hit it up and get a body fat estimate. I found that when i first started, my bf% was much higher than I anticipated and had to adjust fire. After that, continue to get it reevaluated every month or so. Even @170, depending on what your body composition was before the weight loss, you can still be fat. Being light = being aesthetic.
Meant to put ≠ instead of =
my bad

Same problem here. Belly fat is ALWAYS the last to go. Diet, cardio are your best bet. You have done amazing so far just keep it up!

sprints man. do 10 deadmill sprints at the end of every workout. 15-20sec on and 40-45off. that'll eat away it it i promise

Back
Top Bottom