Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are all calories equal??: A new video by Dylan Gemelli

i've argued this for years on forums but in person i have never had anyone argue with me that a big mac was the same thing as a cup of almonds just cause they have equal calories. i blame all the phoney's on social media instagram pushing IIFYM and the gullible idiots on forums parroting that junk science for this insanity.

no legitimate nutritionist anywhere has ever recommended IIFYM or eating fast food/pizza and soda. none, zero. it isn't even up for debate

would love someone to debate me or dylan on this point with actual science to back up their findings. i am waiting and willing to put your argument 10 ft into the ground

Last edited:
i've argued this for years on forums but in person i have never had anyone argue with me that a big mac was the same thing as a cup of almonds just cause they have equal calories. i blame all the phoney's on social media instagram pushing IIFYM and the gullible idiots on forums parroting that junk science for this insanity.

no legitimate nutritionist anywhere has ever recommended IIFYM or eating fast food/pizza and soda. none, zero. it isn't even up for debate

would love someone to debate me or dylan on this point with actual science to back up their findings. i am waiting and willing to put your argument 10 ft into the ground
I completely agree! I have heard this argument before that all calories are equal and have seen arguments constantly on social media about this and I just do not even bother anymore because of the ignorance out there!

100%%%%% im down for that any time!!

100% agree and I love my daily serving of Jiff lol.

Everybody has opinions on this subject and I respect them all. I go on my own experiences, and can say that at the end of the day its the macros thst dictate the result. Its how ive ate for the past 15 years

Everybody has opinions on this subject and I respect them all. I go on my own experiences, and can say that at the end of the day its the macros thst dictate the result. Its how ive ate for the past 15 years

Do you do IIFYM?

a skinny crackhead can follow IIFYM and stay skinny. and that is the problem. the group that hangs out under the bridge near my gym who i give a buck to everyday eat nothing but fast food and drink beer and magically stay skinny too. but fuck they are in their 30's and look 70 as well.

people who believe this look at fitness as black and white. they think 'hey i stay skinny on it so it must work for everyone else'. the truth is you are destroying your brain, gut, skin, hair, insulin sensitivity, sleep health, organs, and just about every other part of the body and lifestyle including energy and mood.

if you were invisible and could see what happens to your body when you eat junk you wouldn't ever do it again. everytime you eat junk you alter your DNA and shorten your lifespan and age quicker. that is a fact. the main reason why is bad food stresses out your body. it also DOES NOT WORK on the vast majority of people.

also this is a FITNESS FORUM. people come here to improve their fitness. so why the hell would anyone in good consious actually recommend others eat junk? or smoke? or drink? or anything that you know is bad for your health? that is not only extremely unethical but also downright disgusting in my view

again I will repeat what i said on the last page. not a SINGLE legitimate dietician recommends IIFYM. it is always important to understand how nutrition works in the body before deciding how you should be eating. but just ask yourself this question. how do you feel after eating fast food and then going to workout? the reason you feel awful and can't get in a good workout is the unnecessary stress you are putting on your body, now add in the additional stress of your brutal workouts. now you see why you feel awful

the best self made CEO's, the best athletes, the best performers at any job always have a rock solid diet and nutrition. remember that. you don't see Tom Brady eating junk

if you still insist on following the mistake that is IIFYM i would encourage you to take the time to listen to my podcasts and watch dylans videos and learn what true nutrition is all about and how dialing in your diet will help you take your fitness to another level

Last edited:
a skinny crackhead can follow IIFYM and stay skinny. and that is the problem. the group that hangs out under the bridge near my gym who i give a buck to everyday eat nothing but fast food and drink beer and magically stay skinny too. but fuck they are in their 30's and look 70 as well.

people who believe this look at fitness as black and white. they think 'hey i stay skinny on it so it must work for everyone else'. the truth is you are destroying your brain, gut, skin, hair, insulin sensitivity, sleep health, organs, and just about every other part of the body and lifestyle including energy and mood.

if you were invisible and could see what happens to your body when you eat junk you wouldn't ever do it again. everytime you eat junk you alter your DNA and shorten your lifespan and age quicker. that is a fact. the main reason why is bad food stresses out your body. it also DOES NOT WORK on the vast majority of people.

also this is a FITNESS FORUM. people come here to improve their fitness. so why the hell would anyone in good consious actually recommend others eat junk? or smoke? or drink? or anything that you know is bad for your health? that is not only extremely unethical but also downright disgusting in my view

again I will repeat what i said on the last page. not a SINGLE legitimate dietician recommends IIFYM. it is always important to understand how nutrition works in the body before deciding how you should be eating. but just ask yourself this question. how do you feel after eating fast food and then going to workout? the reason you feel awful and can't get in a good workout is the unnecessary stress you are putting on your body, now add in the additional stress of your brutal workouts. now you see why you feel awful

the best self made CEO's, the best athletes, the best performers at any job always have a rock solid diet and nutrition. remember that. you don't see Tom Brady eating junk

if you still insist on following the mistake that is IIFYM i would encourage you to take the time to listen to my podcasts and watch dylans videos and learn what true nutrition is all about and how dialing in your diet will help you take your fitness to another level

Standing ovation

Dylan you are on point as usual brother and the timing of this video is perfect.

All calories are not equal and calories in vs calories out/IIFYM is straight BS.

I'm on a cut and have been making some good progress on a 400-500 calorie deficit, but it's been a very clean diet - lean chicken, fish, fibrous veggies, low-moderate complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes.

Fall is my favorite time of year and with that comes some changes in my eating habits. I never cut during the Fall/Winter for this reason. But I decided to try something different this year. Wanted to have my cake and eat it to I guess you could say.

For the past 3 weeks, I've added some processed and not so clean food to my diet. I'm not eating complete junk all day long but I'll have a pumpkin spice bagel, sugary halloween cereal or some other seasonal sweets (primarily post workout). I've thrown in some other refined foods as well, this has increased my carb intake and I'm now eating about 45/35/20 (C/P/F).

The first week I gained weight at ~500 calorie deficit. The last 2 weeks I've increased the deficit and my weight has not changed, aside from some daily fluctuations from water weight, etc.

If a calorie was a calorie and it was all about calories in vs out, I would continue to lose weight regardless of the food quality or macros. Some will say that your body adapts and calorie needs change, that's fine I accounted for that by dropping more calories and increasing cardio.

And yes, I accurately tracked calories. I weigh and measure everything I eat and if I eat/drink it, I log it, no matter how small.

Now that this little experiment is over, I'm getting back to eating clean and fasting

Back
Top Bottom