Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Evo Radio Podcast #260 - Macros on Diet, First cycle and women

Fella Finn

Staff
Join us for an exciting new episode of the Evolutionary.org podcast. Stevesmi is joined by his co-host Rick. In this episode one of our long time members wants to know if IIFYM works or not. Listen to the episode to find out what Steve and Rick think about this important diet topic. They then talk about steroids and women. No cookie cutter information here!

1. Counting macros truth
2. Why was my first cycle so much better ?
3. The guys shoot the shit about women, find out who likes to be single and fuck around and who likes to be in a stable relationship, and what the advantages to both are.

Listen to the podcast here

Join us for an exciting new episode of the Evolutionary.org podcast. Stevesmi is joined by his co-host Rick. In this episode one of our long time members wants to know if IIFYM works or not. Listen to the episode to find out what Steve and Rick think about this important diet topic. They then talk about steroids and women. No cookie cutter information here!

1. Counting macros truth
2. Why was my first cycle so much better ?
3. The guys shoot the shit about women, find out who likes to be single and fuck around and who likes to be in a stable relationship, and what the advantages to both are.

Listen to the podcast here

Both have their advantages. I've done my crazy - fuck anything with a pulse and as many as possible and I'm currently into the longest relationship I've ever had with someone who supports me like never before.

I am just thinking whether should I listen it or not. Not really looking forward to hearing Steve's opinion on flexible dieting a.k.a not eating same foods every single day.

I am just thinking whether should I listen it or not. Not really looking forward to hearing Steve's opinion on flexible dieting a.k.a not eating same foods every single day.

Like normal people do? Of course it makes sense.

Let me just say that I don't know what I should tell an ignorant person who does not believe in science nor a variety of highly reputable phD's in exercise science who also practice counting macros and in general log what you are eating when the goal is to maximize muscle gains.

And that's exactly what IIFYM is. Which this guy here either doesn't want to understand or he intentionally tries to slam.

It isn't. You started off ok - you said 'not eating the same foods every day'. That doesn't mean IIFYM. Because we all know how quickly that becomes doughnuts, icecream and bacon. Varying the diet with different healthy things every day is ok. Eating different kinds of crap and junk food cos IIFYM is not.

Let's not argue with each other over small details when I know damn well that's what is happening here. You don't actually think 'he' recommends eating the same food every day any more than he says 'eat a pound of cooking fat'. I'd bet if 'he' wrote out a sensible diet it'd look much the same as yours.

It isn't. You started off ok - you said 'not eating the same foods every day'. That doesn't mean IIFYM. Because we all know how quickly that becomes doughnuts, icecream and bacon. Varying the diet with different healthy things every day is ok. Eating different kinds of crap and junk food cos IIFYM is not.

Let's not argue with each other over small details when I know damn well that's what is happening here. You don't actually think 'he' recommends eating the same food every day any more than he says 'eat a pound of cooking fat'. I'd bet if 'he' wrote out a sensible diet it'd look much the same as yours.

You really think people who are serious about fitness eat like that every day?
Just because some people misuse the concept doesn't make it bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides you can do that with every single dieting method, for instance with fasting which I know steve is a big advocate of.

You really think people who are serious about fitness eat like that every day?
Just because some people misuse the concept doesn't make it bad.

That just proved my point. Are you, as per the inference earlier, suggesting that 'he' (who has a name), only has people eat the same food every day of a diet? Cos that's what was suggested.

In fact why even call it IIFYM? Why not just say a 'varied HEALTHY diet'?

Yep he's a fan of fasting. And, of course, there are points I question him on (the 'old muscle' thing is an example).

^ That's exactly why I prefer calling it flexible dieting.

- - - Updated - - -

That just proved my point. Are you, as per the inference earlier, suggesting that 'he' (who has a name), only has people eat the same food every day of a diet? Cos that's what was suggested.

In fact why even call it IIFYM? Why not just say a 'varied HEALTHY diet'?

Yep he's a fan of fasting. And, of course, there are points I question him on (the 'old muscle' thing is an example).

Again, just because you replace some foods in your diet it doesn't mean everything has to revolve around donuts and hamburgers.
Are there really no other alternatives to e.g. rice than pizza or some other fast food?

^ That's exactly why I prefer calling it flexible dieting.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, just because you replace some foods in your diet it doesn't mean everything has to revolve around donuts and hamburgers.
Are there really no other alternatives to e.g. rice than pizza or some other fast food?

Of course. The issue is, as I suspect we'd find, a combination of two things.

1) Piss poor choices. The US (with the EU close behind and catching up) eats out a LOT, or eats take outs or eats ready meals. Follow a fat fuck round Asda/Walmart and check their baskets. That leads me to
2) Fkin shit ingredients and foods. Stevesmi's cited the massive amount of additives many of the above has. You and I both know we can happily eat a MSG saturated Chinese take out with zero issues. But only as a now and again treat. Such foods, inc those you mentioned (pizza) become staples of many peoples daily diets. Even eating badly, for the average Joe, wouldn't be that bad, if they worked that shit off. My day job is part physical. So I can go burn away that slice of cake by working up a sweat for an hour. But many peoples lifestyles don't have that. So long term crap eating and sitting on their butt hurts them. One of the other workers who I share my job with eats poorly. EVERY time I come in he's been sat on his ass most of the day (he does another more physical job) and the bin is full (always) with polystyrene food containers (aka take out boxes) with food like pot noodles and chips/fries EVERY time and empty tins of diet coke (every time). As per my log I'm hitting the gym 4x a week, working that job 2 x 12 hour shifts (half the day sweating) and trail walking on my off days. Even then I've a power belly... gotta love cheesecake. But I'm still mostly muscle.

One massive issue is people don't OWN the shit they do and the choices they make. And I mean OWN. With the surfeit of info and help there's no excuse for 'I didn't know'. Or 'it was the big companies fault. Fuck that BS

Both have their advantages. I've done my crazy - fuck anything with a pulse and as many as possible and I'm currently into the longest relationship I've ever had with someone who supports me like never before.

it also depends on your lifestyle, where you live, your job

someone who is in the military, a travelling salesman, or who has 2 homes in different countries that they spend time in, it would be wrong to get into a relationship.. not fair to your loved one.. been there and done that with dating someone in the military and having to move every 3 years to another state. strains things

Back
Top Bottom