Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplements only no food

If we only supplemented and didnt eat food for a few days, would we go keto ?

Depends on what supplements you actually mean.
Ketosis is a metabolic state where your body uses fats as its primary energy source. Your body goes into ketosis when there are not enough glucose available which requires minimal to 0 carb diet.

The reason I said minimal is that there will be some amount of glucose circulating in your body even if you didn't consume any direct carb sources due to gluconeogenesis.

depends on the supplements

you can take vitamins and electrolytes during a fast and stay in ketosis. i know cause I did this during my 19 day fast and was in deep ketosis :)

again you can easily experiment on yourself, go buy ketone strips.. fast for 2-3 days and once you are in ketosis you can being experimenting

Supplements should SUPPLEMENT a good diet and training program.

Supplements don't replace diet/training

I like pie!!

All joking aside- supplements are actually not needed. We can certainly eat what our bodies need. Most people love the word “supplement “ and therefore the supplement companies are super rich and they can spend insane amounts of $$$ advertising why we NEED supplements.

Back
Top Bottom