Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testosterone - how much is too much?

kdslf

Registered
Re: test only cycles. Just wanted to get opinions on the dose of testosterone y’all feel is the max before the sides outweigh the benefits. For me, it may be 1gram. Several years ago, correlative to this dose, I developed a relatively minor case of cutis verticis gyrata (scalp condition - google it). Can't say it was the testosterone for sure, but it's awfully suspect. Most sides are less dramatic, but I'd like to hear your opinions on what perhaps is your sweet spot with test.

Re: test only cycles. Just wanted to get opinions on the dose of testosterone y’all feel is the max before the sides outweigh the benefits. For me, it may be 1gram. Several years ago, correlative to this dose, I developed a relatively minor case of cutis verticis gyrata (scalp condition - google it). Can't say it was the testosterone for sure, but it's awfully suspect. Most sides are less dramatic, but I'd like to hear your opinions on what perhaps is your sweet spot with test.

Theres no reason to exceed 500 mg per week

If you don't mind. Why do you say 500?

Once u get over that, there are far more sides to deal with and it goes for a more difficult recovery... having test levels too high is not good for long term health either and it WILL catch up with you. Most people dont think long term and its a major mistake

Once u get over that, there are far more sides to deal with and it goes for a more difficult recovery... having test levels too high is not good for long term health either and it WILL catch up with you. Most people dont think long term and its a major mistake

Well said mate.
I always go with 350-450mg max.

I usually never no go above 250. I don't need an ai at this dose... 500 would be my max (havn't done that in years). Anything over this and i struggle to control estrogen

600mg is the largest amount I've seen researched for long periods of time in controlled studies. It was found to be safe at that dosage, with less than 20% of participants having to stop because of the sides. But why push it? 500mg weekly is plenty. I've run a gram plus when I was younger and you will have sides at that dosage for sure.

what exactly would running a gram vs. 1/2 gram benefit you?

more water retention? check
more heart strain? check
more risks of gyno? check
more risks of prostate issues? check
more risks of head hair follicle burn? check

the benefits?

you gain a few more pounds of water.
you get a little stronger temporarily

If you don't mind. Why do you say 500?

Cos experience.

Not just ours but 100's of 1000's of members on many forums seem to agree it's the sweet spot.

It all comes to risk vs reward and the law of diminishing returns.

500mg is just a sweet spot to get you into the 2000+ Test level range.

Some people need more, others less.

Also everyone's body metabolizes compounds differently. You may get to over 2,000 total test with less than 500mg or you may need more (assuming all else is equal like quality/brand).

Again its just a guideline and a lot of people have run that level with fantastic gains while minimizing side effects. Testosterone levels that are too high for too long open you up to heart issues, estrogen issues, prostate issues, etc.

In the end you need to decide whats the best level for you and what you are trying to accomplish. To be honest I like test at 300-350mg/week as opposed to 500mg/week. I liked the look/feel at that level. My AI was dialed in and everything was spot on but just felt and looked better at the lower level. Personally i will never run test at 500mg/week again. Id rather use a 200mg/week dose coupled with Deca, Primo, EQ, etc.

Just my opinion though.

It all comes to risk vs reward and the law of diminishing returns.

500mg is just a sweet spot to get you into the 2000+ Test level range.

Some people need more, others less.

Also everyone's body metabolizes compounds differently. You may get to over 2,000 total test with less than 500mg or you may need more (assuming all else is equal like quality/brand).

Again its just a guideline and a lot of people have run that level with fantastic gains while minimizing side effects. Testosterone levels that are too high for too long open you up to heart issues, estrogen issues, prostate issues, etc.

In the end you need to decide whats the best level for you and what you are trying to accomplish. To be honest I like test at 300-350mg/week as opposed to 500mg/week. I liked the look/feel at that level. My AI was dialed in and everything was spot on but just felt and looked better at the lower level. Personally i will never run test at 500mg/week again. Id rather use a 200mg/week dose coupled with Deca, Primo, EQ, etc.

Just my opinion though.
I think eventually everyone moves to low dose test and multi compounds. It really is a better way to cycle.

what exactly would running a gram vs. 1/2 gram benefit you?

more water retention? check
more heart strain? check
more risks of gyno? check
more risks of prostate issues? check
more risks of head hair follicle burn? check

the benefits?

you gain a few more pounds of water.
you get a little stronger temporarily

Really well said

You will put on more mass and strength at 1000mg vs 500 mg. That's been proven in research. But as mentioned, side effects are really the thing that keep most people with half a brain from using more than 500mg of a test per week. High levels of androgens really tires most people out to the point you wont even be motivated to get out of bed, let alone goto the gym and lift.

In my opinion, part of the fun in this game is finding the right dosing and nutrition plan that works for you. I actually feel my best when I hardly using anything, and when I stop trying to force feed myself...imagine that.

Yea no exactly plus its fun seeing how your body will react to different compounds. You may get to the look you want with 200mg/test and 500mg/eq as opposed to 1G+ test.
I just dont get the growth I used to off large amounts of test. I just get bloated, but blood work still says e2 is in control. Test,primo (or eq depending on the protocol) and deca (or tren depending on the protocol) i still see consistent growth. Although nothing compared to the early years, lol. Ahhhhhh the good ole days

I just dont get the growth I used to off large amounts of test. I just get bloated, but blood work still says e2 is in control. Test,primo (or eq depending on the protocol) and deca (or tren depending on the protocol) i still see consistent growth. Although nothing compared to the early years, lol. Ahhhhhh the good ole days

Yea my buddy is a die hard test guy. Wont use anything else. Hes increased from 500mg/week to over 1G+ over the past 5 years. I see him every week so maybe its just me but he isnt noticeably that much larger and is stronger but nothing crazy.

I think its just due to your body getting used to those levels like you mentioned above. I have tried to get him to back down his test dose and run other compounds but he wont do it.

I def am glad I dont have his heart or prostate though thats for sure!

Back
Top Bottom