Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

timing meals when bulking

Leo Damn

Registered
3 large meals a day or 6 small meals daily while bulking guys? what would you recommend the best?

At the end of the day, it's your total calorie intake that matters. How many meals you end up eating really just come down to personal preference.

I am not a big eater so I prefer to eat smaller meals more often. Other people like less frequent bigger meals.

What and how much you eat is what really matters...

You can have as many meals as you like as long as you are counting your calories and exceeding enough to put on size.

if you are bulking you want to eat more food, more often

the problem with guys who complain they can't gain weight is they simply do not eat enough. the best solution to this is NOT to intermittent fast. a lot of young guys don't eat breakfast. and this means those calories they whiffed on will need to be made up for later and their insulin levels stay low all morning. insulin is anabolic, so you want that up on a bulk

so yeah eat more but eat smart. you don't want to get fat you want to build mass correctly over time

I thing 6 meals is better!

It's not. There's next to no science to support it working over larger meals. Steve's correct - so many 'eat like a horse' when in fact they don't. So, s per my reply, if I added a 500kcal snack I'd add weight.

It really makes no difference as long as you are hitting the surplus you need to each day. It would be tough with 3 meals though. If you figure your goal is say 3-4K calories per day that would be 1K+ per meal. Tough for some people to get that much in at one sitting.

Whatever you are More Comfortable doing is the answer.
So long as you are getting your Daily Calories and Macros met.

When I was Younger, I use to eat 3 Large Meals a day, I could Stuff some Groceries down my Neck.
Now that I'm Older, I'm not comfortable eating such Large Meals.
So eating Smaller Meals more Frequently works better, so I'm in the 5 to 6 Meal Range................... JP

I to am in the 5 or 6 meals per day range. My body is so used to eating that way I can almost tell what time it is without looking at a clock.

Totally up to you tho.

Back
Top Bottom