Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bloodwork for the Aussies

corpmed

been asked a few times to make a sticky or have info somehow accessible.
if any of the Aussie Brothers or Sisters need bloods done simply. Have a look at:

http://www.executivehealthsydney.com.au/what-we-offer-executives

Company run by Dr and BB enthusiast.
examples:
Free/total Test, E2, SHBG, FBC, Liver, Kidney, Chol/TG/HDL/LDL, Glucose: $160.
Free/total Test, E2, SHBG, GH, FSH, LH, Liver, Kidney, CHOL/TG/HDL/LDL: $190.

Any test that is available in Australian Pathology we can do for you.
For the record, we don't prescribe or offer treatment as part of this service. Just a simple honest and legal way to get your bloods done without a GP referral. All the best Guys.

Cheers Addar
Gearhead, to clarify, i own the company. So haven't used myself. But quite a few from this forum seem happy with it. Im sure a few may chime in. Dont mean to drop an ad in all the time but a couple were asking to have the info somewhere easy to find.

Thankyou so much thats very useful information to have... I've tried to ask my gp for more comprehensive bloods before and not really gotten the information I"ve wanted.

Im not based in sydney though, is there a particular subset of instructions i can give my GP to get the appropriate measurements taken?

Keep up the amazing work

don't need to be based in Syd, we cover all of Australia. Don't let the name 'Sydney' in our website address put you of. We just added the service to our other site. Prob should hook up to the main one. Seems popular.

Don't need to go to GP. We provide everything you need. You only need to see your GP if wanting it to be charged to Medicare.
we don't suggest tests for you. You can tell us what you want and we will do up a pathology form for you, we send you links to the NATA accredited Labs we are partnered with. Just have a look around the link and find a path collection center close to you . Take your pathology form, get bloods done...Easy.
we will email the results back to you within 24/48hrs depending on tests.
We don't offer diagnosis, treatment or prescribe. Just a super easy and quick way to get bloods done without fuss. No judgements either.
If you want to do, go to site below and have a poke around. It should explain things. Or just contact us if you need further clarification.
http://www.executivehealthsydney.com.au/what-we-offer-executives

Most of these tests can be run by a usual blood test from your gp if you ask for it can they not?

I've never really had a drama when i ask my gp i want my test tested etc.

Yep, for sure. If your GP is happy to do for you then even I would do that as well. Why spend the money etc.
Its just an option. A lot of GP's wont let you dictate what tests you want. They will only do what they think is medically needed etc. In fact to legally bill Medicare they have to follow this protocol. The same way as prescribing. The have to have a clinical reason for ordering particular tests if going into the Medicare system. The Health dept can come in and ask for explanations and proof if they want to.
Also, a lot of people want a confidential test. Also, some just want the results quickly without having to make an appt and pay the GP as well. Then wait a week to go back in and get the results etc..For the quick easy service some are happy to go private for it.

Yep, for sure. If your GP is happy to do for you then even I would do that as well. Why spend the money etc.
Its just an option. A lot of GP's wont let you dictate what tests you want. They will only do what they think is medically needed etc. In fact to legally bill Medicare they have to follow this protocol. The same way as prescribing. The have to have a clinical reason for ordering particular tests if going into the Medicare system. The Health dept can come in and ask for explanations and proof if they want to.
Also, a lot of people want a confidential test. Also, some just want the results quickly without having to make an appt and pay the GP as well. Then wait a week to go back in and get the results etc..For the quick easy service some are happy to go private for it.

Cool, just seeing if im missing something that's all. Totally understand the confidential/private route as well. I dont have to really pay for it and my gp is usually
pretty cool, hell i even asked her for testosterone etc lol.

My excuse was (an this is a legit story btw)
Long story short my shoulders are pretty bad and i want my joints to get better recovery faster they're both reconstructed...
I told her, " listen... My friend complained about being a man in a womans body for long enough to her psychologist that now she gets masteron prescribed and gets injected from her gp quite often, im here falling apart and you guys want to give me pain meds, i dont want pain meds i want these joints better".

Then they start with the whole take fish oils and glucosomine rant like im not on that shit already lol. It's a lost cause.

ha ha. cant blame a Dude for trying. Even one of the Drs I work with who just does Botox and fillers gets asked all the time.

I have a decent history injury list, i have no shame. I'll ask their opinion on deca etc i really dont give a shit. Whats fucking stupid is how happy they are to give out oxys instead of looking for a more permanent solution to the problem.

And then they think i cant be that bad because i dont accept pain meds, i cbf getting addicted to that garbage hence why i dont take it.

totally agree. don't fall in that nasty slippery slide of Opioid pain meds. Maybe look for a different Dr. Some are great, some not. Sometimes not even if good or not. Can just be inexperienced in your particular complaint etc.
My GF has had no end of trouble finding a GP that can help with simple Thyroid issues.

Havent really ever found a gp i'd reccommend to anyone or any doctor (surgeons not included) for that matter. All paid for guesswork, most overrated profession imo.
Imagine being a painter and being like " yeh you paid for blue paint but it might come out green, not sure we'll see" lol.

ha ha. I hear you. I also come across things that P me off.. prob is with GP's, they are 'General Practitioners' meaning they have a lot of knowledge over a large general area. Thus they need to refer to Specialties in go deeper with problems. We cant be too down on them for not knowing every little thing in medicine that there is to know. Sorry Man, always have to play Devils Advocate. I like the Medical world but agree with you as well. My GF just had a really dodgy episode with a Dr she was seeing for something else. Not illegal or wrong really, just upselling and completely unnecessary. Tried to make out she had to do pay for a certain unrelated service in order to receive what she wanted.

ha ha. I hear you. I also come across things that P me off.. prob is with GP's, they are 'General Practitioners' meaning they have a lot of knowledge over a large general area. Thus they need to refer to Specialties in go deeper with problems. We cant be too down on them for not knowing every little thing in medicine that there is to know. Sorry Man, always have to play Devils Advocate. I like the Medical world but agree with you as well. My GF just had a really dodgy episode with a Dr she was seeing for something else. Not illegal or wrong really, just upselling and completely unnecessary. Tried to make out she had to do pay for a certain unrelated service in order to receive what she wanted.

I know, but most are generally shit lol. Im sorry to hear about the missus thing that sucks... Yeh i've had that problem too where 1 gp says its free and the other says it needs to be payed for...

SInce i've got you here, care to help out for a decent gear source or are you in the dark as well sir?

ha ha ha. Funny Bastard.
in case an answer is needed. No.
my GF is pretty tough, she wasn't worried, just didn't do what he said and has now found a new better one she trusts.

ha ha ha. Funny Bastard.
in case an answer is needed. No.
my GF is pretty tough, she wasn't worried, just didn't do what he said and has now found a new better one she trusts.

Lol its alright apparently i found a decent source.

Glad to hear she has found a better one, will make life much easier :eek:

Back
Top Bottom