needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer/Seller Safety

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Buyer/Seller Safety

Mods, not really sure where this belongs, but I feel like this needs to be somewhere.

Not sure who all has been paying attention this year, but we have had 3 major labs go down that I remember. This could be dumb luck, it could be a serious crack down, or it could just simply be the ball rolling forward as always.

But ask yourself, what does your supplier do for your/his safety? Do they rely on safemail/what ever other email the cool kids use now adays? If so, thats ridiculous. I'll start by saying this, nothing anyone does can completely reduce the risks associated with this game. However, it's super fucking simple to add the most resistance possible. Who are the FED's going to bust first? The guy using nothing but an email to hide behind? Or the guy with email, pgp, and mirrored tail running through TOR?

I get it, clearnet is behind the times with pgp. There is no excuse for your supplier to not be running tails/logging on through TOR. Those 2 things you obviously just have to have trust on, no way you can check it. ANYTHING with your name/address should be pgp encrypted though. That is something you can control. Find someone who accepts bitcoin. Run it through a mixer and it's a billion times safer than sending a western union.

If anyone is interested I can find some beginner guides to post up on pgp, and will check to see if you are doing it right.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Much greater chance of getting busted because of powder going through customs than anything else

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    Much greater chance of getting busted because of powder going through customs than anything else
    No doubt.

Zero excuse to skip out on an extra 2 secs of work to copy/paste your addy into pgp though. If you read the latest bust, the cops state they are going through his extensive records he kept on buyers. Does that mean they are going to bust them? Yea prob not. Are they going to keep an eye on the big buyers on the list? Obviously I can't say for sure, but my best guess is yea, they are.

So again, why risk it over 2 extra seconds of work?
    Last edited by wowstrongarms; 08-23-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wowstrongarms View Post
    Mods, not really sure where this belongs, but I feel like this needs to be somewhere.

Not sure who all has been paying attention this year, but we have had 3 major labs go down that I remember. This could be dumb luck, it could be a serious crack down, or it could just simply be the ball rolling forward as always.

But ask yourself, what does your supplier do for your/his safety? Do they rely on safemail/what ever other email the cool kids use now adays? If so, thats ridiculous. I'll start by saying this, nothing anyone does can completely reduce the risks associated with this game. However, it's super fucking simple to add the most resistance possible. Who are the FED's going to bust first? The guy using nothing but an email to hide behind? Or the guy with email, pgp, and mirrored tail running through TOR?

I get it, clearnet is behind the times with pgp. There is no excuse for your supplier to not be running tails/logging on through TOR. Those 2 things you obviously just have to have trust on, no way you can check it. ANYTHING with your name/address should be pgp encrypted though. That is something you can control. Find someone who accepts bitcoin. Run it through a mixer and it's a billion times safer than sending a western union.

If anyone is interested I can find some beginner guides to post up on pgp, and will check to see if you are doing it right.
    Silk Road owner was using TOR. Lot of holes. A good VPN that doesn't keep logs is safer.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So SR has it's flaws too CEO?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Strongarms- I'd like to see a guide for proper Internet safety.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo View Post
    Silk Road owner was using TOR. Lot of holes. A good VPN that doesn't keep logs is safer.
    If I remember correctly, the owner of silk road got busted because he had one post in a thread on an open message board advertising silk road from when he was getting it going. Using his real name or an account that linked back to his real name. One mistake...took the FBI,dea, which ever organization, tons of time and money to find him.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_jay View Post
    If I remember correctly, the owner of silk road got busted because he had one post in a thread on an open message board advertising silk road from when he was getting it going. Using his real name or an account that linked back to his real name. One mistake...took the FBI,dea, which ever organization, tons of time and money to find him.
    Just take as reasonable precautions as you can and go to sleep every night knowing its all you can do. The bottom line is if they want you they will get you so no use wringing your hands over it.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrocker69 View Post
    Strongarms- I'd like to see a guide for proper Internet safety.
    I'll work on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo View Post
    Agreed. TOR is just a simple free protection. I'd go with a paid vpn if that's the route I chose
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_jay View Post
    You sir are correct. He made one post looking for help on building sr, using his real identity. That's all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    Just take as reasonable precautions as you can and go to sleep every night knowing its all you can do. The bottom line is if they want you they will get you so no use wringing your hands over it.
    TOR/VPN+pgp takes a total of 5 extra seconds on an order. Mirrored tails takes 5 mins to set up on a usb stick, and you only have to do it once.

5 mins of work to do everything possible to protect yourself? That's well within reason
    Last edited by wowstrongarms; 08-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The problem is, most people have no idea what you are talking about let alone how to execute it. Not everyone, but most.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast