Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Changing workout routine

siddhanthudda

Registered
Hi people, new to the forum. I am 19 year old male weighing 160 lbs. Currently my workout routine is:-

Monday - Chest and triceps

Tuesday - Back and biceps

Wednesday - Shoulder and legs

Repeat

I have made nice gains with this routine in last one year but now i find it difficult to cover all exercises in time. I am thinking to train one muscle once a week. Will i be able to make gains with this new routine considering i was making nice gains with old routine?

you really want to make switches every 6-8 weeks to shock your body whether its the body parts you are doing on certain days, the types of lifting whether it be more based on heavier weights lower reps, or higher reps less weight, super sets, etc... everyone is different on what and how they respond so you have never ending trial and error throughout your life to see what works at that point in your life etc...

shoulders and legs would be a hellish day if you are training them to failure...which you should be. I'd add another day for legs.

Why not just add another day a week of lifting to get everything done more reasonably.

Last edited:
Are you making your own program? Why not look into a program that best fits your needs? There are plenty that have been tried and tested. DC training, 531, Ibodybuilder, just figure out what goals you want and pick one that fits that. Then, changing might be necessary if you plateau, but many people like Ronnie Coleman did the same program their entire lifting career.

Hi people, new to the forum. I am 19 year old male weighing 160 lbs. Currently my workout routine is:-

Repeat

I have made nice gains with this routine in last one year but now i find it difficult to cover all exercises in time. I am thinking to train one muscle once a week. Will i be able to make gains with this new routine considering i was making nice gains with old routine?

Or you could just ignore the whole 7 day week thing. Make it an 8, 9 or 10 day week.

Similar to my routine except mine is :

Chest Biceps
Back Legs
Shoulders Triceps

My leg workout is not what it used to be now that I'm older. I don't do squats anymore so I don't have to dedicate an entire day to legs.

Repeat

I'd add an extra day to separate legs and shoulders, but that's me. I personally cant imagine adding anything to leg day. Its tough as it is just to get legs done. That should be your toughest workout, given the largest muscle groups and fatigue factor

Back
Top Bottom