Join Evolutionary Forums

esarms.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
needtobuildmuslce.com
sarms1.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you need to run an AI while on cycle?

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Do you need to run an AI while on cycle?

So this is my first steroid cycle and I am doing a very low dose cycle(i want to take the less is more approach with steroids)
    right now im taking 250mg of test e/week and 30mg of winstrol/day along with liver support and adex at .5mg eod

I am still trying to learn about this all and so far I have been reading a lot of conflicting information that i wanted to get everyone $0.02 on, so on US forums i have been browsing i read that you should always take an AI like adex while on cycle while i read from our brothers across the pond that its not necessary to take adex unless 1. your estrogen is high on blood works or 2. you start getting gyno symptoms as keeping the ratio between test and estrogen is healthier than having your test high and your estrogen low as estrogen helps combat some of the bad symptoms associated with steroids like high cholesterol

i was wondering if i should continue taking the adex at what im doing now or if i should wait until i get bloods done in 3-4 weeks before starting adex?

thanks in advance for any help you can give to a noobie

Purity Source Labs Representative Stugatz's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
    So this is my first steroid cycle and I am doing a very low dose cycle(i want to take the less is more approach with steroids)
    right now im taking 250mg of test e/week and 30mg of winstrol/day along with liver support and adex at .5mg eod

I am still trying to learn about this all and so far I have been reading a lot of conflicting information that i wanted to get everyone $0.02 on, so on US forums i have been browsing i read that you should always take an AI like adex while on cycle while i read from our brothers across the pond that its not necessary to take adex unless 1. your estrogen is high on blood works or 2. you start getting gyno symptoms as keeping the ratio between test and estrogen is healthier than having your test high and your estrogen low as estrogen helps combat some of the bad symptoms associated with steroids like high cholesterol

i was wondering if i should continue taking the adex at what im doing now or if i should wait until i get bloods done in 3-4 weeks before starting adex?

thanks in advance for any help you can give to a noobie
    Do you NEED to run an AI on cycle? No.
    Will you run into mood issues, unwanted fat deposits, high blood pressure, excessive water retention, etc..? It's very likely that one or several of these problems will occur if estrogen is not controlled on cycle.

Will you run into long term health problems over time if you continue to cycle without estrogen control? Most likely.

Having said that....your cycle is hardly a cycle. I don't mean that in a condescending way at all. But 250mg per week is right on the cusp of just being a higher cruise or TRT dose. My doctor prescribes me 200mg per week for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy).

The reason I say this is because at that dose you may not actually need an AI. You definitely don't need .5mg EOD. That is likely to crash your estrogen into the ground at that dose, which feels 10x worse than having high estro. At your testosterone dose I'd consider dropping your AI for a few weeks and getting blood work to see where your e2 (estradiol - bad estrogen) is at. Ideally you want to be between 20 and 50 pg/mL for healthy levels.

Best of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to be clear. I'm certainly not implying that your approach is incorrect in regards to your testosterone dose or that you won't make gains. I can certainly respect the lower dosed approach and getting the most you can from the least amount possible. I've seen other members try the same approach with favorable results. As we all know, diet and training is the real determinant.
    [email protected]
    http://puritysourcelabs.ru/

Write us a review and get 5% off your next order!
    >>>REVIEW HERE<<<

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Stugatz is right, at your dose you won't NEED an AI.

But if you do run into any of the negative side effects related to high estro then it might be worth starting on .25mg Adex definitely not .5mg

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugatz View Post
    Do you NEED to run an AI on cycle? No.
    Will you run into mood issues, unwanted fat deposits, high blood pressure, excessive water retention, etc..? It's very likely that one or several of these problems will occur if estrogen is not controlled on cycle.

Will you run into long term health problems over time if you continue to cycle without estrogen control? Most likely.

Having said that....your cycle is hardly a cycle. I don't mean that in a condescending way at all. But 250mg per week is right on the cusp of just being a higher cruise or TRT dose. My doctor prescribes me 200mg per week for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy).

The reason I say this is because at that dose you may not actually need an AI. You definitely don't need .5mg EOD. That is likely to crash your estrogen into the ground at that dose, which feels 10x worse than having high estro. At your testosterone dose I'd consider dropping your AI for a few weeks and getting blood work to see where your e2 (estradiol - bad estrogen) is at. Ideally you want to be between 20 and 50 pg/mL for healthy levels.

Best of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to be clear. I'm certainly not implying that your approach is incorrect in regards to your testosterone dose or that you won't make gains. I can certainly respect the lower dosed approach and getting the most you can from the least amount possible. I've seen other members try the same approach with favorable results. As we all know, diet and training is the real determinant.
    perfect thank you for the reply, this is what im considering a blast because im adding an oral with the testosterone but i plan on cruising at that dose(might switch to sustanon or test cyp but i want to stay at the 200-250mg/week dose), i just remember watching an interview from dorian yates(joe rogan experience iirc) and he was saying he took the less is more approach with steroids and i really resonated with that advice and its why im taking that approach.

i have stopped taking my AI until i get bloods done and if everything is normal then i know i wont need an AI going forward and i still have that and nolva as a backup in case something bad happens or i start getting bad side effects

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    perfect thank you for the reply, this is what im considering a blast because im adding an oral with the testosterone but i plan on cruising at that dose(might switch to sustanon or test cyp but i want to stay at the 200-250mg/week dose), i just remember watching an interview from dorian yates(joe rogan experience iirc) and he was saying he took the less is more approach with steroids and i really resonated with that advice and its why im taking that approach.

i have stopped taking my AI until i get bloods done and if everything is normal then i know i wont need an AI going forward and i still have that and nolva as a backup in case something bad happens or i start getting bad side effects
    As the others have said, you should probably be ok without an AI at that test dose (or at the very most need a smaller than normal dose). Adding Winstrol as your oral, will also not contribute to estrogen related sides. However, keep in mind if you decide to use other orals in the future, some like dianabol to readily aromatize, and you will be much more likely to need an AI even with a lower test dose like you are running.

Novice Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by P0N View Post
    As the others have said, you should probably be ok without an AI at that test dose (or at the very most need a smaller than normal dose). Adding Winstrol as your oral, will also not contribute to estrogen related sides. However, keep in mind if you decide to use other orals in the future, some like dianabol to readily aromatize, and you will be much more likely to need an AI even with a lower test dose like you are running.
    Ok so any other orals or injectables that aromatizes I will need to take an AI. Do you know if deca and tren aromatizes? I was gonna think about taking those in the winter time for a bulk. How is anadrol as well? been hearing some good things about anadrol and I might want to take it during the winter with tren or deca.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Deca and Tren are 19-nor so you will have to worry about prolactin control, so you will probably want to take cabergolin/dostinex every third day at about .25mg while cycling either of those (or risk lactating). You will also want to avoid Nolvadex during the cycle (fine on PCT though). As far as anadrol, that is a weird one that doesn't actually aromatize, but can still cause gyno issues (the method of action is still unknown as far as I know) so you will probably still want to run an AI alongside it at any significant dose. It is a pretty fun oral to kickstart a cycle with though as the initial strength gains and aggression come on pretty strong (at least for me).

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by P0N View Post
    Deca and Tren are 19-nor so you will have to worry about prolactin control, so you will probably want to take cabergolin/dostinex every third day at about .25mg while cycling either of those (or risk lactating). You will also want to avoid Nolvadex during the cycle (fine on PCT though). As far as anadrol, that is a weird one that doesn't actually aromatize, but can still cause gyno issues (the method of action is still unknown as far as I know) so you will probably still want to run an AI alongside it at any significant dose. It is a pretty fun oral to kickstart a cycle with though as the initial strength gains and aggression come on pretty strong (at least for me).
    Anadrol is quite unlike any other steroid I've tried but the harsh side effects mean I can only cycle it for 2 weeks or so before feeling the burn. What's the longest you've run it for?

{Sorry to hijack thread but I'm curious on Anadrol}

Purity Source Labs Representative Stugatz's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Ok so any other orals or injectables that aromatizes I will need to take an AI. Do you know if deca and tren aromatizes? I was gonna think about taking those in the winter time for a bulk. How is anadrol as well? been hearing some good things about anadrol and I might want to take it during the winter with tren or deca.
    Deca aromatizes slightly. Not really enough to require an increase in AI dose. Tren does not aromatize. However as PON said...tren and deca are both 19-nor progestins which mean prolactin may become an issue. You need to make sure you are prepared to combat prolactin and it's side effects if you think you're ready to begin using 19-nors. I'd hold off on tren until you get a few more cycles in and learn how to combat different side effects because tren can hit you like a freight train.

Anadrol is a weird one. It manages to exhibit activity on estrogen receptors yet it doesn't aromatize. So you get the estrogen side effects without even having elevated estrogen. And because it doesn't aromatize, you can't fight the side effects with an AI so there's not much you can do but deal with it...
    [email protected]
    http://puritysourcelabs.ru/

Write us a review and get 5% off your next order!
    >>>REVIEW HERE<<<

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrocketing132 View Post
    Anadrol is quite unlike any other steroid I've tried but the harsh side effects mean I can only cycle it for 2 weeks or so before feeling the burn. What's the longest you've run it for?

{Sorry to hijack thread but I'm curious on Anadrol}
    For me just shy of 6 weeks with Anadrol before I bail and end my kickstart (I sometimes also run it stacked with Dianabol as well, but roll back the dosages accordingly). The worst side-effect of Anadrol (and orals in general) for me is constant back pumps, and I eventually get sick of that by the time my long esters are starting to build up a good concentration anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast