Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HomeBrew: Carrier Oils

nsnmatty

Banned
So here's my question, does purchasing the filtered "USP" grade oils from let's say medlabsupplies, is it worth it vs purchasing grapeseed oil from a grocery market, heating it 212 degrees, making my brew and running it through my .22 bottle top?

I ordered from MLS and the GSO I received with filtered through a .22 but still came in a snap top and the wait time and the fact I have to pick up at the local UPS facility makes me wonder if I'm better off just trying to filter it myself, so would it be more effective to filter, then heat, then filter the whole solution or can I just filter it all at once?

Some guys are simply happy to go to the store, and buy some gso, and filter it through a .22. For some reason, I'm much more particular than that, and only buy USP sesame oil. That's just me... I like the idea of something I brew having a shelf life. Hell, I've got some cyp that expired six years ago, and yes, it still injects well, and does it's thing. The secret is aiming for sterile product, proper mg/ml, and of course, shelf life... My reason for sesame oil is the fact that it doesn't go rancid as quick as others can, plus it's used in many hormone compounds by many well known pharmaceutical companies. I don't try to reinvent the wheel in what I'm brewing. I'm just shooting for a "wheel" that's as perfect as it can be done. If you saw what I go through in order to run several compounds from raw to sealed up vials, it would be damned near funny looking. LOL!

Forgot to mention. You don't need to buy pre-filtered gso. USP is fine. You'll be filtering it yourself anyway after chems are added.

This has been takled about and there are usually 2 arguments. MedLab used to, not sure if they still do, have a disclaimer with the USP opils. It pretty much said that they bought large sealed barrels of USP oil, then opened them and transferred them to smaller containers. That right there probably throws out the USP rating.

Others would say that it was better that it was already filtered to a hi level, then re-filtered by you. I personally think the USP grade isnt worth the cost.

Like Devil I am also a big fan of Sesame. When I began brewing GSO began to become all the rage. Here in Mexico it was not available so I started using Sesame. When GSO became available it was 3 times the cost of Sesame. I bought some and brewed my Test and was under amazed.

First off this whole "thinner" argument is a bunch of bull. I brewed a batch of Test with both oils and alternated pins in the week, and I could not tell the difference. I bet that if done in a blind test people would not be able to actually tell the difference.

The oil may be lighter, or thinner but you just simply cant tell when you have a .22g stuck in your ass. Plusd Ilike the clean look of Sesame, not the green tint.

Anyways....the USP thing will probably come to do each persons preference. I always say try it both ways, then you can drop an opinion.

Ya its really better to just buy the stuff from med lab. Its cleaner. And its not even spendy. I prefer eo myself

KRAZIEONE

I wasn't impressed. My package was damaged, it was a pain to receive as I'm never home during delivery times, and it was a flip top container. The site states filtered through a .22 so I rather for convenience sake run it through my bottle top, then make my solution, then run it again. I'm even picking up .1 filters.

When it comes to my solvents and eo I have no issue ordering and going through the pain in the ass hassle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This has been takled about and there are usually 2 arguments. MedLab used to, not sure if they still do, have a disclaimer with the USP opils. It pretty much said that they bought large sealed barrels of USP oil, then opened them and transferred them to smaller containers. That right there probably throws out the USP rating.

Others would say that it was better that it was already filtered to a hi level, then re-filtered by you. I personally think the USP grade isnt worth the cost.

Like Devil I am also a big fan of Sesame. When I began brewing GSO began to become all the rage. Here in Mexico it was not available so I started using Sesame. When GSO became available it was 3 times the cost of Sesame. I bought some and brewed my Test and was under amazed.

First off this whole "thinner" argument is a bunch of bull. I brewed a batch of Test with both oils and alternated pins in the week, and I could not tell the difference. I bet that if done in a blind test people would not be able to actually tell the difference.

The oil may be lighter, or thinner but you just simply cant tell when you have a .22g stuck in your ass. Plusd Ilike the clean look of Sesame, not the green tint.

Anyways....the USP thing will probably come to do each persons preference. I always say try it both ways, then you can drop an opinion.

I would have to argue with you there. On the oil part. Thinner. All of those oils have different viscosity. Some are thinner than others. Just like if you took olive oil and veg oil they have diff viscosity.

This I'd also why I swear by eo only brewing because I shoot my stuff with a 25 gauge needle and it glides right in w no hard pushing.

But, to each their own as carriers go.

KRAZIEONE

I buy GSO from wal-mart. Like 5 bucks or less a bottle. Its way more expensive at medlab and I really don't think it makes a difference personally. Once its filtered its g2g. I also use 50 percent EO with most of my brews. Thinner and smoother.

thanks for confirming my line of thinking meathead, that's what I think I'll do this time around.
I don't know if you can find it, but I use an Organic GSO, and It works great.
But for Higher Concentrations on Test Ace, I had to throw in some Safflower Oil, because the GSO wasn't holding at 150 mg/ml.
It held at 100 mg/ml, but not at 150 mg/ml.
I didn't want to throw in a Ton of BB to get it to Hold, so I stopped at 18%, and added the Safflower Oil................... JP

I went 20% at 100mgs and it held perfectly and shoots nicely through a 25g with minimum pip. Thanks for weighing in JP!

I went 20% at 100mgs and it held perfectly and shoots nicely through a 25g with minimum pip. Thanks for weighing in JP!

I did a lot of Research and I talked to a Guy that's been Brewing for over 20 years, he started with the Tren Finaplix Pellets.
He was telling me what he does for Homebrew vs what he would do if he was Selling to others.................... JP
P.S.
He had some Unusual Mixes, but very Insightful.

Guys, between the different carriel oils...

Cotton seed
GSO
Sesame
Safflower

What do you recommend & Do you guys buy the regular oils or the USP/filtered ones?

I see most of the pharma grade Test-e [testovirons] are made with Arachis oil/bb/ba...

Guys, between the different carriel oils...

Cotton seed
GSO
Sesame
Safflower

What do you recommend & Do you guys buy the regular oils or the USP/filtered ones?

I see most of the pharma grade Test-e [testovirons] are made with Arachis oil/bb/ba...

I went with GSO and Safflower, both were Organic, and not USP.
It was Difficult to find Both in Store's, I found the Safflower at a High End Specialty Shop.
Apparently, they were having a Problem Recently keeping it in Stock, the guy put it to the side for me.
He did however ask me why all the sudden Interest in Safflower Oil, I told him it was a good Carrier Oil For Fragrances for Massage Therapy.
I Actually have no Friggin Idea if it's even used for that............................ JP

Post Edit:
I found that GSO is good for Lesser Concentrations by Itself.
When I went to Higher Concentrations, I Added the Safflower.
I Split them at 70% GSO to 30% Safflower.
You could Add EO (ethyl Oleate), but I don't like to do a lot of it, for any Length of Time, so I don't use it.

Last edited:
Sesame/Safflower is easier for me to get. I'll give safflower a try . Also planning to get some EO as well, to brew some high concentration gear.

Back
Top Bottom