Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mass spec collaboration?

I'm sure if we all put our resources together we could get something solid going. Then we could require all new sources to provide specs within their introduction.

this would eliminate all the new labs with their "pharma grade" gear.

if they would provide that then thats all they would have to do, no more BS with new labs making pharma grade claims.

this would eliminate all the new labs with their "pharma grade" gear.

if they would provide that then thats all they would have to do, no more BS with new labs making pharma grade claims.
But bro. I get all my powders usp grade domestically.

That was my favorite one yet. I forgot who that one was, it was this past winter.

But exactly if we can set up a mass spec collaboration like others have we could require all new labs pay to have test done eliminating those who aren't serious about being a long term quality source. This will even help us in the home brew lounge ensure our powders are what we are paying for. Everyone can benefit.

some of their claims must be pulled from thin air lol.

quality sources are already hard enough to find (not really on this board so to speak) instead of having say...5 A+ ugl's and 5 shady ugls, the mass spec will allow evo to have as many A+ ugls as we want, thats a hell of an idea and I honestly dont see where it could go wrong, if you are a serious lab and wanting to be a long term source like matt said...it would be a huge benefit for the lab to spec everything out...not just test or tren, send a sample of every product you offer, if everything checks out, BAM source accepted (along with reputation from other boards or members here of course)

I mean in reality we claim to vet them but honestly if these guys read previous questioning threads they easily know how they should respond how labs still think they can make certain claims is beyond me.

If we could accomplish this, is it fool proof...no. But it'll definitely make it harder to back claims and safer for members and brewers alike.

You run into the same thing as sending out legit samples and getting the gtg then selling bunk shit. The only way is for whoever runs the mass spec does so anonymously. After our vetting proces drop a small order get THAT gear tested. Anyone can send out good stuff when they know it's getting tested its after they get comfortable and start either BSing or becoming cheap and under dosing. Just my 2cents I do have a few ideas how to make this work if anyone's interested.

i agree 100% random testing would be awesome.

You run into the same thing as sending out legit samples and getting the gtg then selling bunk shit. The only way is for whoever runs the mass spec does so anonymously. After our vetting proces drop a small order get THAT gear tested. Anyone can send out good stuff when they know it's getting tested its after they get comfortable and start either BSing or becoming cheap and under dosing. Just my 2cents I do have a few ideas how to make this work if anyone's interested.

Do share bro. I'd like to hear.

So you get 10-15 bros secondary accts ect to order from if they know it's a mod or respected member they may up their game. We want every bro to be taken care of so we send small fish in from there say you (matt) are the one doing all the mass spec.

I order forward the samples to you and you get them tested. Now if the labs pay for the testing they will know so how do we get funding? That's the tricky one. Sponsors are always good but why have our sources sponsor here and use their money to possibly have other people cut into their profits.

Second is whatever the mass spec costs a single lab is what that lab is charged to be posted on the board source section then down the line their money will be used to test their products.

Third and lastly is evo can become a members only board and rearrange their layout. Where you have premium sections of content and the source board is there. I like the open format but if we are trying to truely vet every possible source this may be the way we go. Now 30 bucks a year won't break anyone. Nor will a few hundred for a lab to open up shop here in my opinion. I'm not a lab nor know the cost of running one. Plus you run into how do you pay for content and still be anonymous, but this is with 5 minutes of thinking.

A forum I use like this is for my truck coloradok5 google it to see what I'm talking about.

^^^^ They do that's why I'm a member

Another issue is that the batches will vary. The brewer can only have so much from one batch before he/she has to order more(possibly from a different batch or stuff from even same batch could lose purity due to handling etc).Im all for this but I don't want to see matty or anyone else potentially wasting money. Another thing to consider is that I think you need a control, something you know is as good as it gets to compare to your sample.

Well I home brew. Many others do as well. If we had people who cared enough I would constantly test each batch I received. My hopes are if we have enough guys willing to do the same it could drive cost down.

Personally for myself it's for my peace of mind especially when my wife starts cycling again after the pregnancy. If a lab would be willing to test every order I think they'd go far. Some of these guys have to order 1kg of some things so the test will apply to a a decent amount of inventory they carry.

Or even if they just tested the rare compounds, after seeing some specs on other boards made me think we should try to do the same. We are a young board it'd be great to start laying the foundation to become the standard of source boards!

You def make valid points about, would def be worth the peace of mind, for sure! Also it is definitely a step in a very good direction. Imagine the business a ugl/source could get if he had legit/confirmed pure stuff. Id pay extra for the peace of mind!

Back
Top Bottom