Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Optimal body fat for bulking

Jdcain19

What would you say the optimal body fat percentage would be for bulking. Maybe a better way to put it would be:
  • What is the highest amount of body fat that is "acceptable" for bulking?
  • Is there an amount that is too low to be considered a bulking cycle?
  • What do you consider to be the perfect BF percentage for bulking (if there is such a thing)?

Tons of variance here brother.. I usually stay 9-10% year round and when I cut I am for 6-8% and when I bulk I always always keep it as lean as possible, I don't think I could ever let myself get about 12-13% tops. This is just me though, I'm 6'2 210 at my natural homeostasis, lean athletic frame long limbs

I think that it depends on what you do.
Do you BB or Powerlift.

Since I switched to BB, I don't go by so much what the Caliper's say, as what my Eye's see.
As long as I can still see at least a 4 Pack, I'll continue to Bulk.
The Minute I lose that, Bulking is History.................................... JP
P.S.
Everyone will be a little different.

Tons of variance here brother.. I usually stay 9-10% year round and when I cut I am for 6-8% and when I bulk I always always keep it as lean as possible, I don't think I could ever let myself get about 12-13% tops. This is just me though, I'm 6'2 210 at my natural homeostasis, lean athletic frame long limbs

I am 5'11'' and just hit 190, which is a first. I have some scales that say I am 17% body fat, but I thought I was leaner than that. I am eating at least 3500 calories a day, and most of those are lean calories. I may just need to cut back on the fats a little and see how that works.

I think that it depends on what you do.
Do you BB or Powerlift.

Since I switched to BB, I don't go by so much what the Caliper's say, as what my Eye's see.
As long as I can still see at least a 4 Pack, I'll continue to Bulk.
The Minute I lose that, Bulking is History.................................... JP
P.S.
Everyone will be a little different.

If I had to choose one of the two, I would def go with BB. I can see a 4 pack for sure, so that makes me feel better. As mentioned above, I am going to adjust my diet and see if I can lean up a tad.

Thanks for the input!

i dont think there is to low.. to high yes.. i wouldnt want to be cycling with to high of bodyfat percentage to begin with.Some people do but not for me

In my opinion, 12% is the absolute highest you should ever be (including AFTER a bulk) and me personally, I don't even let myself get to 10%.

In my opinion, 12% is the absolute highest you should ever be (including AFTER a bulk) and me personally, I don't even let myself get to 10%.

Thanks for the input! I will work my way down a little and then maintain. I have started to incorporate more cardio and adjusted my diet to lower fat intake (I was consuming too much). I have also thrown in some Cardarine to help with the cardio and to burn fat. We shall see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom