Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

USPS insurance claim for lost package

auser6634

Registered
I was sent a package by a sponsored source with over $1K of product using USPS Express Mail which the postal service appears to have lost. Source says the package was insured so I can file a claim. USPS wants all sorts of information like a receipt or some proof of transaction, which of course I'm not going to give them for obvious reasons. I'm not familiar with package insurance payable to addressee so this is a new one for me after years of buying gear online. Anyone here ever had to file one of these claims in a similar situation? Especially would like to know how others have handled the receipt or proof of transaction part.

If you ordered something legit legal file it, if it's shady forget it take the loss.

I was sent a package by a sponsored source with over $1K of product using USPS Express Mail which the postal service appears to have lost. Source says the package was insured so I can file a claim. USPS wants all sorts of information like a receipt or some proof of transaction, which of course I'm not going to give them for obvious reasons. I'm not familiar with package insurance payable to addressee so this is a new one for me after years of buying gear online. Anyone here ever had to file one of these claims in a similar situation? Especially would like to know how others have handled the receipt or proof of transaction part.

bro the sender should be responsible for deliving item

If you ordered something legit legal file it, if it's shady forget it take the loss.

Exactly so. I'd love to see the claim for drugs lol

Yes, that's for sure. You should not even try to reimburse the cost of the lost package if it contained illegal substances. After all, when contacting you will have to provide purchase data. Not only a check, but also a list of contents. Unfortunately, sometimes this happens and the packages are lost. I was so lost in my limited edition sneakers. The money was returned to me, but I did not need to hide the information about the order.

Wouldn't draw any attention to myself with that much gear. That's definitely a distribution charge. Inspector could have grabbed it and is awaiting a warrant, worst case. Either take the loss or work with your source but wait a while.

I've been hassled for much less. Tracking will say delivered or in transit indefinitely and inspectors can manipulate what you see from tracking. Be careful and err on the side of caution. The legal fees + losing your freedom would outweigh that 1k of gear easily.

Appreciate the feedback guys, gonna go back to the source see what he says. This expensive lesson is what I get for placing a larger order to get a volume discount :mad:

Appreciate the feedback guys, gonna go back to the source see what he says. This expensive lesson is what I get for placing a larger order to get a volume discount :mad:

It's not. It's relying on the postal service.

It's not. It's relying on the postal service.

lol bro I know, it was a sarcastic joke! This is the same postal service we were told last year to trust to reliably deliver votes :D:D:D

Most sources seem to only use the postal service. I'd gladly pay more for a UPS/FedEx option for a large $$$ order.

First of all, what kind of source doesn't re-ship?

Well brother, that's a very fair question. I've been vague about the source because I've been very happy with everything and I appreciate the evo forums, but a no reship policy without a more reliable shipping method means I'll have to reconsider placing large $$$ orders in the future.

lol bro I know, it was a sarcastic joke! This is the same postal service we were told last year to trust to reliably deliver votes :D:D:D

Most sources seem to only use the postal service. I'd gladly pay more for a UPS/FedEx option for a large $$$ order.

Offer to do so. They'll probably do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom