Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcohol sugar?

slinky77

Registered
Is alcohol sugar good or bad ? I dont understand how its not sugar but it is sugar? Can anyone explain this to me ?

Is alcohol sugar good or bad ? I dont understand how its not sugar but it is sugar? Can anyone explain this to me ?

It's better than sugar itself. Fewer calories and less impact on blood sugar.
Sugar alcohols are type of carbohydrate called polyols. Many of them are occur naturally in plants like berries and fruits and some of them are directly extracted from sugars.
They have very similar chemical structure as sugars but basically they are not classified as sugars.

I think the confusion arises when some people claim that these are calorie-free but as I stated they do contain calories but not as many as sugar does.

i wouldn't consume anything with it. it is obviously going to be in only processed foods anyway. you should strive to eat only whole foods, i know that may not be 100% realistic but if you can eat atleast 90% whole foods that is a start. most americans eat literally 90% the other way

It's better than sugar itself. Fewer calories and less impact on blood sugar.
Sugar alcohols are type of carbohydrate called polyols. Many of them are occur naturally in plants like berries and fruits and some of them are directly extracted from sugars.
They have very similar chemical structure as sugars but basically they are not classified as sugars.

I think the confusion arises when some people claim that these are calorie-free but as I stated they do contain calories but not as many as sugar does.

I wouldn't say they are better than sugars. Lower calorie, yes but they also cause major digestive distress in most people.

Sugar alcohols were actually first developed to be used as a laxative FYI

I wouldn't say they are better than sugars. Lower calorie, yes but they also cause major digestive distress in most people.

Sugar alcohols were actually first developed to be used as a laxative FYI

I've proved that. If I have more than one a day it works eek

Your seeing these in things like popsicles, puddings that are “sugar free” correct???

These types of desert type treats are almost impossible to make sugar free so they opt to use sugar alcohols instead. They can advertise as sugar free- which to people on diets or diabetics can eat the sweet foods they want without all the “sugar”

Take a look online or pintrist and try to find a few recipes for deserts that you can modify the recipe and make them healthier. Certain times of the month 😉 I like a cookie or two. I make cookies so that they satisfy my craving without having processed ingredients and lots of sugar, fat etc.

Back
Top Bottom