Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Amino acids vs. Protein

yumanbra

Registered
Ok so amino acids are made from protein right? so why would I take aminos if I'm taking in whey protein 3x/day and getting all my BCAAs from there right?

bro protein doesnt have all bcaas and even when it does the dose is not the same as BCAA tabs....

No proteins are very large molecules comprised of about twenty amino acids, the order in which they are manufactured in the cell will determine what the protein will do.
Because these proteins are used for much more than your muscle growth, which is fueled mostly by what is in whey protein, it is vital to get ALL amino acids into your system to promote proper growth and avoid plateaus... And certain aminos, mainly leucine, isoleucine and valine stimulate muscle growth; as most BCAA's are loaded with these three it is speculated that it will help with muscle growth.
HOWEVER, over the number of studies I have pulled up on it, the results are really mixed on how much they are really able to accomplish in conjuction to a normal healthy diet.

It takes your body time to break protein down into amino acids, where amino products are immediately readily available for the body to use. That's why they are so good as an intra workout

Yea pretty simple, if you want the complete profile drink your bcaas during workout and a complete whey post.. I sip my bcaas intra and just eat my post workout meal after, any meat has a complete amino profile really

Gotta get plenty of bcaa usually not close to enough in powders

Wow I used to be against bcaa's I just figured chicken breast and whey was enough to get all your amino acids but what these guys have to say is really convincing...

No you have it backwards. Protein is made up of amino acids. So you take amino acids because they are more immediately available and are free form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so amino acids are made from protein right? so why would I take aminos if I'm taking in whey protein 3x/day and getting all my BCAAs from there right?

You are getting select essential amino acids as opposed to the whole protein, BCAAs are definitely better overall.

I'm going to dig into that thread a little. ....you say your taking in whey protein 3x per day....is that your only source of protein throughout the day? I add bcaaas to my preworkouts shake. ...then I eat a full meal afterwards. If I can't eat. ..I drink a complete whey(clean tho, nothing with a ton of filers and sugar) & I add grinded oatmeal to a whey shake post workout.

Back
Top Bottom