Thread: Ashwagandha and Zoloft

Power Lifter
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    i would really look into this.

there is a site, drug interactions. com

WebMD, etc. SSRI's arent the best IMHO. but you need to exactly figure shit out before you go any farther.

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I know this thread is a year old, but I came across it in a Google search and just...needed to say something.

Firstly, none of you are in a position to tell dudewbis to go off his medication or seek out alternate therapies. Quitting any chemical altering medication cold turkey can be more dangerous than starting it. Yes, as with any antidepressant, Zoloft has its risks. But it also has huge benefits. I was prescribed it after being hospitalized for an anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I had tried mediation, exercise, a change in diet, even supplements, but I was still being overwhelmed with anxiety that was making it near impossible to even function. There's an obvious adjustment period, but in the long run Zoloft has really helped me. It's settled my levels out so I can actually work on confronting the causes of the anxiety without succumbing it. It gives you some distance. It's a tool, not a cure.

Secondly, depression has nothing to do with simply "being sad". It is a mental illness. A physical, chemical imbalance. It's not about having a hard life, or going through some tough stuff. A lot of depressed people aren't even sad. They're just completely numb. You can't just tell a person suffering from depression to "just cheer up" any more than you can tell a cancer patient to "just get better". It's like saying "why do you have a cold when there are people out there with malaria".

dudewbis wanted to know, plain and simply, if anyone knew of side effects between ashwagandha and zoloft. That's all. I'm about to start strength training, and had the same question after looking through my trainer's list of recommended supplements. But instead of answers, all I'm finding is judgement. A couple people were helping, but I'm genuinely surprised by the ignorant, elitist opinions of the rest of you.

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boxshapedheart View Post
    I know this thread is a year old, but I came across it in a Google search and just...needed to say something.

Firstly, none of you are in a position to tell dudewbis to go off his medication or seek out alternate therapies. Quitting any chemical altering medication cold turkey can be more dangerous than starting it. Yes, as with any antidepressant, Zoloft has its risks. But it also has huge benefits. I was prescribed it after being hospitalized for an anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I had tried mediation, exercise, a change in diet, even supplements, but I was still being overwhelmed with anxiety that was making it near impossible to even function. There's an obvious adjustment period, but in the long run Zoloft has really helped me. It's settled my levels out so I can actually work on confronting the causes of the anxiety without succumbing it. It gives you some distance. It's a tool, not a cure.

Secondly, depression has nothing to do with simply "being sad". It is a mental illness. A physical, chemical imbalance. It's not about having a hard life, or going through some tough stuff. A lot of depressed people aren't even sad. They're just completely numb. You can't just tell a person suffering from depression to "just cheer up" any more than you can tell a cancer patient to "just get better". It's like saying "why do you have a cold when there are people out there with malaria".

dudewbis wanted to know, plain and simply, if anyone knew of side effects between ashwagandha and zoloft. That's all. I'm about to start strength training, and had the same question after looking through my trainer's list of recommended supplements. But instead of answers, all I'm finding is judgement. A couple people were helping, but I'm genuinely surprised by the ignorant, elitist opinions of the rest of you.
    I agree completely!
    Until I got to this post, I was so disappointed with the ignorance. I understand people want to be helpful, but these uneducated opinions on ssris are dangerous and stigma- ridden.

I had tried for 15 yrs to find natural and spiritual situations for severe depression and once I finally let go of self judgement and stubbornness, I tried antidepressants. It took a few to find the right one, but for me it was Zoloft and at a relatively low dose, I am free from debilitating depression and I can truly practice the other methods like meditation and yoga.

To the poster who said ssris even out levels and then you get off of them... that is wrong. They are like traffic controllers telling your chemicals where to go, so it is not as simple as you made up for your narrative.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Some of us wasn't even here. And some aren't now.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    treating depression with meds is getting out of hand. that really was my point

every 20 year old is one 5 different meds. heck they can't even get their dick up without taking a drug

what is wrong with encouraging people treat issues naturally vs. hopping on a pill forever? why is it that americans use up more meds than any other country? either that is an amazing coincidence or we are over drugged
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1, etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    People can get a mental illness just like they go through physical illness..........it can happen to any of us. The key is to take the necessary steps to treat it. In my opinion it starts with having a great support system, whether that is family or friends does not matter.

Moderator and Podcast Host muskate's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Depression is a serious issue. A close friend of mine committed suicide and it's something that really effected me.

NO ONE should get off their depression medications without their doctors guidance.
    Trevor Kouritzin
    Chemical Engineer, Sports Nutrition masters student
    Pro bodybuilder, International model
    Evolutionary Radio podcast host

TrevorDietCoach.com
    Instagram.com/TrevorKouritzin

For training inquires please send me a private message or email [email protected]

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I was led here while searching if ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together. Does anyone know of any info?

Advanced Cyborg Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnothere View Post
    I was led here while searching if ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together. Does anyone know of any info?
    Have you conducted an internet search under the words "can ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12