Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ashwagandha and Zoloft

dudewbis

Novice Brother
Registered
Just saw another zoloft thread, so wanted to know would ashwagandha have some effect on my dopamine levels? I am taking zoloft (doc gave for depression) and wanted to add a bit of ashwagandha (herbal of course), any dopamine issues?

bro i would be careful when you using something like zoloft...that stuff can mess you up if you use it wrong...don't try to combine it with too much stuff....

why not treat the depression with herbs instead of Zoloft?

and why are you depressed? no matter how hard you think life is I assure you if you travel to Africa, Asia or the Mideast people in those places have it 100X worse than you ever had it

I'm not sure how it would affect dopamine levels, but I would talk to your physician and see what he says to avoid any interaction issues

Just saw another zoloft thread, so wanted to know would ashwagandha have some effect on my dopamine levels? I am taking zoloft (doc gave for depression) and wanted to add a bit of ashwagandha (herbal of course), any dopamine issues?

Zoloft is terrible. I took it for a bit and got rid of it because of side effects. There are other options to help with depression or anxiety bro

im assuming the zoloft is to even out your serotonin levels and once that occurs it should be discontinued... generally, if your having anxiety or depression issues, there are levels being far out of range and then they are evened out with medication... the medication generally has its own side effects, ie: zoloft, and does not normally interact well with outside substances... i would first talk with your doctor and then ease into any sort of other supplementary use...

why not treat the depression with herbs instead of Zoloft?

and why are you depressed? no matter how hard you think life is I assure you if you travel to Africa, Asia or the Mideast people in those places have it 100X worse than you ever had it

my thoughts exactly. Those depression meds are really really bad for you.

i would really look into this.

there is a site, drug interactions. com

WebMD, etc. SSRI's arent the best IMHO. but you need to exactly figure shit out before you go any farther.

I know this thread is a year old, but I came across it in a Google search and just...needed to say something.

Firstly, none of you are in a position to tell dudewbis to go off his medication or seek out alternate therapies. Quitting any chemical altering medication cold turkey can be more dangerous than starting it. Yes, as with any antidepressant, Zoloft has its risks. But it also has huge benefits. I was prescribed it after being hospitalized for an anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I had tried mediation, exercise, a change in diet, even supplements, but I was still being overwhelmed with anxiety that was making it near impossible to even function. There's an obvious adjustment period, but in the long run Zoloft has really helped me. It's settled my levels out so I can actually work on confronting the causes of the anxiety without succumbing it. It gives you some distance. It's a tool, not a cure.

Secondly, depression has nothing to do with simply "being sad". It is a mental illness. A physical, chemical imbalance. It's not about having a hard life, or going through some tough stuff. A lot of depressed people aren't even sad. They're just completely numb. You can't just tell a person suffering from depression to "just cheer up" any more than you can tell a cancer patient to "just get better". It's like saying "why do you have a cold when there are people out there with malaria".

dudewbis wanted to know, plain and simply, if anyone knew of side effects between ashwagandha and zoloft. That's all. I'm about to start strength training, and had the same question after looking through my trainer's list of recommended supplements. But instead of answers, all I'm finding is judgement. A couple people were helping, but I'm genuinely surprised by the ignorant, elitist opinions of the rest of you.

I know this thread is a year old, but I came across it in a Google search and just...needed to say something.

Firstly, none of you are in a position to tell dudewbis to go off his medication or seek out alternate therapies. Quitting any chemical altering medication cold turkey can be more dangerous than starting it. Yes, as with any antidepressant, Zoloft has its risks. But it also has huge benefits. I was prescribed it after being hospitalized for an anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I had tried mediation, exercise, a change in diet, even supplements, but I was still being overwhelmed with anxiety that was making it near impossible to even function. There's an obvious adjustment period, but in the long run Zoloft has really helped me. It's settled my levels out so I can actually work on confronting the causes of the anxiety without succumbing it. It gives you some distance. It's a tool, not a cure.

Secondly, depression has nothing to do with simply "being sad". It is a mental illness. A physical, chemical imbalance. It's not about having a hard life, or going through some tough stuff. A lot of depressed people aren't even sad. They're just completely numb. You can't just tell a person suffering from depression to "just cheer up" any more than you can tell a cancer patient to "just get better". It's like saying "why do you have a cold when there are people out there with malaria".

dudewbis wanted to know, plain and simply, if anyone knew of side effects between ashwagandha and zoloft. That's all. I'm about to start strength training, and had the same question after looking through my trainer's list of recommended supplements. But instead of answers, all I'm finding is judgement. A couple people were helping, but I'm genuinely surprised by the ignorant, elitist opinions of the rest of you.

I agree completely!
Until I got to this post, I was so disappointed with the ignorance. I understand people want to be helpful, but these uneducated opinions on ssris are dangerous and stigma- ridden.

I had tried for 15 yrs to find natural and spiritual situations for severe depression and once I finally let go of self judgement and stubbornness, I tried antidepressants. It took a few to find the right one, but for me it was Zoloft and at a relatively low dose, I am free from debilitating depression and I can truly practice the other methods like meditation and yoga.

To the poster who said ssris even out levels and then you get off of them... that is wrong. They are like traffic controllers telling your chemicals where to go, so it is not as simple as you made up for your narrative.

Some of us wasn't even here. And some aren't now.

treating depression with meds is getting out of hand. that really was my point

every 20 year old is one 5 different meds. heck they can't even get their dick up without taking a drug

what is wrong with encouraging people treat issues naturally vs. hopping on a pill forever? why is it that americans use up more meds than any other country? either that is an amazing coincidence or we are over drugged

People can get a mental illness just like they go through physical illness..........it can happen to any of us. The key is to take the necessary steps to treat it. In my opinion it starts with having a great support system, whether that is family or friends does not matter.

Depression is a serious issue. A close friend of mine committed suicide and it's something that really effected me.

NO ONE should get off their depression medications without their doctors guidance.

I was led here while searching if ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together. Does anyone know of any info?

I was led here while searching if ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together. Does anyone know of any info?

Have you conducted an internet search under the words "can ashwagandha and zoloft can be taken together"?

Back
Top Bottom