Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Avoiding sweetners

lifecount51

Registered
I'm trying to avoid whey proteins sweetened with sucralose (like splenda), aspartame, and saccharine. There are too many negative side effects associated with long term use of these. I recently went through 5lbs of 100% Optimum Whey with Stevia, only to just find some articles showing that long term use can cause cancer and decrease sperm count. Is there any whey protein that doesn't use these products? I might be hoping for too much, but I just figured if I'm eating something 2-3 times a day I should probably make sure I wasn't hurting myself. Thanks

You can purchase unflavoured protein without an issue. Add honey or fruit for taste thats going to be your best option.

you will need to search around.. the top selling ones do contain sweeteners and even things like hydrogenated oils and HFCS otherwise they will not 'taste good' and rope in the naive 20 something crowd.

my advice? ditch the protein powders, you don't need them and if you are really taking them 3X per day there is something very wrong with your diet more than anyone knows. your gut flora is being destroyed

You generally don't need protein powders, but if you buy unflavored, you get more protein for your money and no sweetners.

I dont know what to tell you other than maybe buy unsweetened protein if that's what you are after. Just an fyi, artificial sweeteners are more than fine in moderate quantities but just get unsweetened if you want to avoid them.

Back
Top Bottom