Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

B12 for kids

Has a doctor told you to give your 12 year old a vitamin b12 supplement?

If your 12 year old is a vegan or vitamin b12 deficient, 125-1000mcg is the recommended dosage. It's not a one size fits all thing though so you will want to start with a low dosage and get blood work done to see if that dosage is accurate. Start with a low dosage and slowly work your way up.

Unless your child is vegan or b12 deficient, there is no need to supplement with vitamin b12. Anyone regularly consuming animal products will be getting plenty of b12 through their regular diet.

hey guys , I was wondering what dose of b12 is the right dose for a 12 year old?

If you are concerned that your 12 year old is B-12 Deficient.
Then take your Child to a Pediatrician and get Bloodwork done.......................... JP

unfortunately bloodwork and eating meat isn't always going to provide a person with b12. if they have digestive issues they will still be deficient in them

i would do the injections, probably a 500mcg dose once a week would work fine

If you have a Digestive Issue.
Either your Body doesn't make enough "Intrinsic Factor".
Or have an Autoimmune Reaction where your Body mistakenly Attacks the Cells that make Intrinsic Factor.

There is a Bloodtest for this, so I disagree with Stevesmi on this point about Bloodwork.
It's an Irreplaceable Diagnostic Tool.
In some cases, a Bone Marrow Biopsy may be necessary to confirm a Diagnosis...................... JP
P.S.
Along with your Diet and Family Medical History.
Bloodwork will show these levels.

• Standard blood tests to measure the level of red blood cells and check their appearance — In vitamin B12 deficiency, red blood cells are unusually large and appear abnormal.
  • Blood tests to measure B12 levels — Levels of iron and folate also may be measured to check for deficiencies in these nutrients.
  • Blood test to measure methylmalonic acid level — The blood level of methylmalonic acid increases when a person has B12 deficiency.
  • Blood tests for intrinsic factor antibody — Your doctor may order special tests for antibody levels to determine if you have pernicious anemia. Most people who lack intrinsic factor in their stomach have these antibodies in their blood.
  • Bone marrow biopsy — Occasionally, a bone marrow biopsy is done to help confirm the diagnosis. In this procedure, a small sample of bone marrow is taken by inserting a needle into the pelvic bone just below the waist on either side of the spine. The bone marrow sample is examined in a laboratory to look for other causes of anemia and red blood cell abnormalities.

There are, of course, child vitamin products. And, unlike Steve (who probably misunderstood), not be jabbing my child with B12.If it was absolutely needed then that's what docs are for

Back
Top Bottom