Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Battling DOMS

zenology

Registered
What can i take after my workout to avoid pain, I have been feeling super sore after my workouts and I need something to combat the DOMS.

what is DOMS? think about it for a moment. it is simply soreness you get after your body releases inflammation to fight trauma. once you condition your body soreness will get less and less until you change up your workouts and shock it again. you don't want to ever stop soreness otherwise you would be stopping inflammation and stop recovery and repair. it is very hard for a lot of people to understand this concept because many in the fitness industry simply don't understand how our bodies work.

now what can you do here? 1. keep working out and stay consistent and 2. SLEEP/REST/FAST so you don't stand in the way of your body recovering. you can make yourself perhaps feel better with a hot bath, but it won't speed up recovery very much

what happens with most people in this situation is the "TAKE SOMETHING" but really things out there set you way back. eating junk food, alcohol, stress, and working out while sore will all delay recovery significantly.

A hot epsom salt bath always helps my body feel a bit better. A massage with stretching. Tiger balm (red or white). Rolling on a foam roller.

What can i take after my workout to avoid pain, I have been feeling super sore after my workouts and I need something to combat the DOMS.
Soreness is part of the game. Your body adapts to it to some degree over time but the whole point is to overload your muscles. Not much you can do for soreness

Yeah love a good Epsom salt bath or a good massage.

I will work look to try a cryogenic therapy session. Do you think it will be effective.

Not one of us mentioned it and that's your thought?

I will work look to try a cryogenic therapy session. Do you think it will be effective.

for DOMS? probably not. just remember people have ended up losing fingers and toes doing it so it is a risk. but yeah pro athletes do it so it must have some benefits, more on the anti-aging thing

why don't you re-read my suggestions above instead of trying to find a unicorn.

I mean if it works for you. But I would also look at the other suggested posts above!

Back
Top Bottom