Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bcaa's group opinions

Jacob15

Registered
Over the years of my own training I've used BCAAs off and on, but over the last year I find carb intra drinks and post drinks a lot more effective... I've got my own opinions on BCAAs but I kind of like to hear what the rest of you had to say about them, nowadays there seems like there's two different sides one side either preaching BCAAs are the greatest thing since creatine, the other side saying BCAAs are the devil, lol

But what do you all have to say...

Over the years of my own training I've used BCAAs off and on, but over the last year I find carb intra drinks and post drinks a lot more effective... I've got my own opinions on BCAAs but I kind of like to hear what the rest of you had to say about them, nowadays there seems like there's two different sides one side either preaching BCAAs are the greatest thing since creatine, the other side saying BCAAs are the devil, lol

But what do you all have to say...

In and of themselves not a lot. However, as I've said in the past, added to an Intra drink it'll be effective over a LONG time (like a healthy habit - there's no immediate result).

Yeah I agree, but if you're going to use an intra drink why not go for a good carb intra, I find it more useful.

both BCAA's and carb drinks during/post workout are a complete waste of $$$$

in fact carb drinks post workout are counter productive. people think they are supposed to slam a dex shake post workout because they are listening to too much pro bbers advice.. those guys are taking tons of drugs and insulin so for them they HAVE to slam dex shakes or they will get hypo after sticking insulin up their ass.

you as an average joe do not need to do this. we ALREADY get too much sugar and carbs in the american diet and you want to add more? i don't care if you are bulking you still do not need more

Hahaha insulin dude, lol! I completely agree with you for the most part, I've training for over the last 12 years first in powerlifting, and now in bodybuilding and I hate to see all these shitty products these supplement company's are always pushing! However I disagree about the dextrose, when you drink dextrose it's absorbed directly into the blood stream, which yes does cause a large insulin spike( which can take you out of fat burning and be detrimental towards fat loss), however I feel there are some strong benefits as far as energy and muscle sparring property's goes, I wouldn't recommend taking just straight dextrose, but i have seen some carb products that add extra things to lesson the impact and help drive nutrients into the muscle(cinnamon, chromium P, rla etc) , I feel like there is a place for certain carb drinks.

- - - Updated - - -

I do feel they are wayyy over hyped thou

Complete waste of money. You are digesting and using food all day long. There is not some magical time during training where you need food. The only time BCAA are worth it is if you are on a low protein diet. If you eat enough protein each day (.8-1g per lb bodyweight) then there is no need for BCAA at all.

If you eat a proper pre-workout meal and a proper post workout meal...an intra workout shake is not needed.

Intra-Workout supplements are only needed for people doing 6+ hour long workouts. Think marathon runners etc.

For the average person exercising 60-120 minutes per day - completely unneeded

Back
Top Bottom