Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

beef jerky in my diet

blackk

Registered
i don't have much time to eat between my work out and all my activities throught the day, is beef jerky something you can take as protein source?

Beef jerky is actually a decent low fat protein source. It is very high in sodium though so you don't want to eat excessive amounts of it. Also certain flavours (like teriyaki) have a lot of sugar added so make sure to read the ingredients and nutrient facts panel carefully.

Other easy, portable protein sources are tuna cans and a good whey protein supplement. Whenever I am in a pinch I'll use 2 scoops of a high quality whey isolate protein powder + a greens powder + plain rice cakes + almonds/celery sticks/ carrot sticks etc.
The protein powder I personally use is isolation from n2bm.com. It's a pure whey isolate with no additives or fillers. It contains everything you want in a protein supplement and nothing you don't.

Greek yogurt cups and cottage cheese cups are also really easy portable protein sources.

If your serious about your jerkey...pick up a dehydrator and make it yourself.

My husband has jerkey everyday for work. It's easy to make and eat.

I use venison and I make my own marinade for it. Its yummy.

read the ingredients buddy. a lot of jerky out there is going to be full of fillers and processed junk you don't want to be putting in your body

make your own like ag girl suggested

Back
Top Bottom