Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Before or after ???

andresmithcoolz

Registered
I read an article in Men's Fitness that said drinking your protein shake before your workout is better. It kind of makes sense, if your muscles are breaking down during the lift, then it seems like having that protein running through you would be more beneficial. But, I've always had carbs before a workout, and protein after. What do you guys think?

I read an article in Men's Fitness that said drinking your protein shake before your workout is better. It kind of makes sense, if your muscles are breaking down during the lift, then it seems like having that protein running through you would be more beneficial. But, I've always had carbs before a workout, and protein after. What do you guys think?

Do you grow, recover and get strong? If so fuck the article.

the article was just written by some geek who never worked out in their lives and sponsored by a supplement company trying to sell you protein shakes

it actually zero sense. why? because protein shakes are very very tough on the gut and digestion. so now you are making the body do more work while you are trying to workout. so it will hinder your workouts bigtime. you should not eat or drinking anything but water before a workout. your last meal should be no less than 2 hours prior. and even then it should be easy to digest foods.

that is why if you eat a meal before a tough workout you feel sick during and after. your body is going to want to get rid of what you put into it as soon as possible to repair itself, so it is either going to go out your mouth or out your ass while you are working out. you can test this theory by drinking a protein shake and doing a 1 mile sprint, let me know how that works out for ya

You definitely don’t need to be drinking protein shakes before a workout. Just eat real food after your workout! Its as easy as that!

You don't have to drink it before the training.
You need to have an empty stomach during your training, drink more water, not shakes.
Shakes are good to drink as soon as you finished your training session.

Back
Top Bottom