Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best immune boosting supplements

navarrot42

Registered
I'm 42 years old and I'm looking to get my immune system boosted as high as possible now that i am working near older people. some of the people at my new job swear by certain supplements and some don't take anything. was wondering what you gurus on here do for immune boosting

I started taking Lysine for canker sores a couple years ago. It's taken care of that issue in addtion to me not having so much as a cold in probably more than 18 months.

There are dozens of nutrients and herbs that support immunity. It depends on aspect of immunity you're looking to boost. Obviously, a good multi is imperative and nothing is better than N2GAURD. And yes, stress will supress immunity worse than most anything else.

Depends on the length of fast, going over 72 hours could be detrimental to your immune system

if done correctly not true. 3 things will happen on a long fast

1. your white blood cells die off, then get replaced by new ones (fresh troops)
2. all cells in your body get replaced, bad cells die off (autophagy)
3. your body spends 50% more energy on fighting off invasions that would have been used digesting food

that is how fasting is magic for the immune system

now IF you do the fast wrong and go to the beach in the hot sun all day and deplete your body of electrolytes or do lawn work where you sweat too much then yes i can see that being an issue. correct fasting involves little physical activity, have to do it right or it can backfire. i actually did a 19 day fast and still lifted daily, but my workouts were deload style workouts.

if done correctly not true. 3 things will happen on a long fast

1. your white blood cells die off, then get replaced by new ones (fresh troops)
2. all cells in your body get replaced, bad cells die off (autophagy)
3. your body spends 50% more energy on fighting off invasions that would have been used digesting food

that is how fasting is magic for the immune system

now IF you do the fast wrong and go to the beach in the hot sun all day and deplete your body of electrolytes or do lawn work where you sweat too much then yes i can see that being an issue. correct fasting involves little physical activity, have to do it right or it can backfire. i actually did a 19 day fast and still lifted daily, but my workouts were deload style workouts.
Read about this just after the China virus hit there's different prongs for the immune system, this vid talks about it a little.

https://youtu.be/AAJR1oz7OzA

This video was one that schooled me (study reference is in the notes), there are others out there if I see them who post it up.

I've done long fasts too but staying away at the moment until we are all back out and about again.

Read about this just after the China virus hit there's different prongs for the immune system, this vid talks about it a little.

https://youtu.be/AAJR1oz7OzA

This video was one that schooled me (study reference is in the notes), there are others out there if I see them who post it up.

I've done long fasts too but staying away at the moment until we are all back out and about again.

yeah i actually follow that lady and listen to her vids. i got a lot of respect for her on most of her stuff. i watched the video

her reasoning is white blood cells go down. this is true. if you run bloods at day 4 or 5 you will see that so i'm not arguing that at all. but what i'm saying is that your WBC come back when you break the fast and they come back fresh and strong. and then DURING the fast even if your immune system is impaired with low WBC but you make it up by your body able to spend its resources on fighting infection + lower inflammation in the body vs. digesting food. i would also say during a fast it would be almost impossible to even get sick for those 2 reasons. but playing devils advocate really i would say on a fast at worst you break even, but its when you come off and you get those fresh WBC is where it becomes a huge advantage along with generating autophagy. what do you think make sense or am i off?

so in the end i would stick to your fasting protocols you are doing. i always recommend 1 day at a time, if you feel something off then break the fast.

Last edited:
yeah i actually follow that lady and listen to her vids. i got a lot of respect for her on most of her stuff. i watched the video

her reasoning is white blood cells go down. this is true. if you run bloods at day 4 or 5 you will see that so i'm not arguing that at all. but what i'm saying is that your WBC come back when you break the fast and they come back fresh and strong. and then DURING the fast even if your immune system is impaired with low WBC but you make it up by your body able to spend its resources on fighting infection + lower inflammation in the body vs. digesting food. i would also say during a fast it would be almost impossible to even get sick for those 2 reasons. but playing devils advocate really i would say on a fast at worst you break even, but its when you come off and you get those fresh WBC is where it becomes a huge advantage along with generating autophagy. what do you think make sense or am i off?

so in the end i would stick to your fasting protocols you are doing. i always recommend 1 day at a time, if you feel something off then break the fast.
Your idea is fine but I don't think we know enough about the effects at the moment, also saw something on long term metabolic damage from extended fasting too which is keeping me away until I learn a little more.

Nowhere near knowledgable on this as you either but I'll say when it comes to fasting I'm like a born again Christian telling everyone about it, I wish it was more mainstream.

Just at the moment when a strong immune system is more than ever important I'm not educated enough to advise against what these (fasting) doctors are saying.

Sorry OP for the thread fuck too, if this topic is of interest there is heaps of info out there on this gift from nature

I wouldn’t worry too much

Remember in the blue zones of the world they fast quite heavily. In Ikaria for example they fast half the year and are the healthiest people in human history routinely living to 100+ with no illnesses

Back
Top Bottom