Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beta-Alanine question

$enartRR

Registered
I bought a bag of BETA-A thinking it is a bulking supplements but i don`t see that specific benefit on the description of the product, is says Reduced fatigue, Improved weight loss and Enhanced exercise capacity, do you guys know if it helps for muscle growth?

Beta-alanine is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscle. By buffering acid in muscles, it can help increase endurance and strength. Carnosine also has antioxidant properties. Beta alanine won't specifically cause muscle growth like that but it can help with endurance.

The standard recommended dosage is 2-5g, taken pre-workout. It is commonly stacked with creatine.

Don't expect dramatic results from it as it isn't a hormone but it's a good supplement to take. It's pretty much side effect free. It isn't a hormone or a stimulant so you don't have to cycle it. I would take 2-5g with 5g creatine 30-60 minutes before your workout.

Honestly though, the best over the counter supplement for bulking is creatine. Creatine and beta alanine is a great stack but if you can only afford one or the other, pick creatine. Get a bulk creatine monohydrate powder or a capsulated creatine product like ancient strength from n2bm.com.

Beta alanine is quite beneficial for your performance, which may translate into improved muscle growth, but it won't affect your growth directly. So I would not expect too much from this supplement. Since you already got it, and it is an extremely safe thing to take, use it - just keep in mind the right expectations in order to avoid disappointments.

I bought a bag of BETA-A thinking it is a bulking supplements but i don`t see that specific benefit on the description of the product, is says Reduced fatigue, Improved weight loss and Enhanced exercise capacity, do you guys know if it helps for muscle growth?

It pretty much works similarly like creatine - it gives you the extra energy & push for a few more reps.

That way you could bring your workouts one step further and cause stronger signals for hypertrophy. Also, at higher dosages you get a tingling feeling, which some people like, some dont.

But dont expect much.

Beta Alanine can help you push out that last rep when you are reaching failure. I guess this in turn is why they claim it will "enhance exercise capacity". It is not a bad thing to add but do not expect to notice anything from it. It is also not a supplement you will "feel" like caffeine.

Back
Top Bottom