Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

brown rice vs whole wheat pasta while on a bulking cycle

Tylerpoyt

Registered
what would be my best choice between this 2 foods to gain mass? i need the one with more proteins and less carbs per mg.

Brown rice is a much better option. Although it contains slightly less protein and slightly more carbohydrates then whole wheat pasta, is a much superior carbohydrate source. Wheat really isn't a great grain to eat. It is extremely genetically modified and most people have a gluten sensitivity. Gluten is the protein naturally found in wheat products. Brown rice on the other hand is gluten free.

I would stick with brown rice or brown rice pasta. You will find that your digestive system improves immensely and you don't feel as bloated. Wheat is very inflammatory in the body.

- - - Updated - - -

Another great option is quinoa. It is another gluten free carbohydrate choice that is actually a complete protein source. You prepare it the same way you do rice. It tastes similar to rice but has a slightly nutter taste to it.

Brown rice is a much better choice for all of the above mentioned reasons, but I would not completely exclude the whole wheat pasta, since it is always good to add variety to your diet and nutrition plan, and this pasta is a good way of eating something different from brown rice. Also, you might want to include some black rice into your diet from time to time, as it is probably the best kind of rice you can get. It tastes a bit weird, but it is indeed benefitial for the health.

pasta is very calorie dense and rice is as well depending on how much you eat.

they both can be added if you are bulking. i used to eat a lot of pasta when i was an endurance runner, the key is quality pasta and don't drench it in unhealthy sauce

Brown rice will be the healthier option but don't be afraid to add some whole wheat pasta in there as well. You are bulking so it is an easy way to add some calories to your day. You can make it interesting by adding all types of protein to it as well.

My vote goes to Japanese rice. It is as tasty as pasta but it is healthier. This is why I chose it. Moreover, I have bought japanese rice cooker Basmati recently and now I can cook really tasty rice. I couldn't wait for this moment and now I am extremely happy about it

Back
Top Bottom