Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Caffeine post workout

Coffee after workout?? That's a new for me. I'll stick to my electrolytes

For those who might have interpreted what I said.
I was not saying that I gulp down a pot of coffee as I some sort of post-workout ritual. What I was saying is that if for instance I've been training later that day and feel like having like a warm cup of coffee after a meal I'll do it I don't make that big of a number of that.

Coffee after workout?? That's a new for me. I'll stick to my electrolytes

if you sweat during your workout A LOT. hypotethically lets say doing hot yoga, jogging, outdoor sports, heck even going to the beach and swimming etc. i would even recommend getting electrolytes DURING. but not a sports drink which has crap in it to upset your stomach.

i like to make my own electrolyte drink with water, 1/4 tsp himalayn sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (potassium) and 400mg of LIQUID magnesium. (i'm actually looking to improve this formula so if anyone experiments and finds something better post a thread)

it will work wonders cause you will get back what you sweat out. hydration is super important

and the ironic thing about this thread is that coffee is a super strong diuretic, so you will actually dehydrate yourself MORE drinking coffee. another reason to not do it. there is a reason at road races runners do not dare consume caffeine before their race especially on a hot day.. it is hydration issues, but also the increase in HR. these little things we do not think about make a huge difference in our performance and recovery. if you don't get hydrated you are fucked.

Last edited:
...and the ironic thing about this thread is that coffee is a super strong diuretic, so you will actually dehydrate yourself MORE drinking coffee. another reason to not do it. there is a reason at road races runners do not dare consume caffeine before their race especially on a hot day.. it is hydration issues, but also the increase in HR. these little things we do not think about make a huge difference in our performance and recovery. if you don't get hydrated you are fucked.

You are right but how much is one cup actually gonna drain? Probably not that much especially with people like me who drink a lot fluids in general.

You are right but how much is one cup actually gonna drain? Probably not that much especially with people like me who drink a lot fluids in general.

as far as hydration- in your situation it won't make a lick of difference because in your country it is super cold

but where i live, heat exhaustion is a major worry. it gets super hot from April to October. heat index is 100+ everyday. so hydration is very important.. when i used to run i would wake up 3 hours before my road races and drink as much as i can cause i knew i was going to sweat out a ton. without A/C's and swimming pools we would fry to death during the summer months

as far as hydration- in your situation it won't make a lick of difference because in your country it is super cold

but where i live, heat exhaustion is a major worry. it gets super hot from April to October. heat index is 100+ everyday. so hydration is very important.. when i used to run i would wake up 3 hours before my road races and drink as much as i can cause i knew i was going to sweat out a ton. without A/C's and swimming pools we would fry to death during the summer months

Yes I totally get that and I was about to point out this weather thing.
When it is summer time I don't actually usually drink as much because it's going to heat up my body even more and make me feel even more uncomfortable.
The same thing with eating something very warm like oat meal. Not too long after the meal and I start sweating profusely.

Back
Top Bottom