Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Caffeine post workout

cansix66

Registered
I was woundering what everyones thoughts were about drinking caffeine after a workout. I go to the gym before going to work. This said, I usually have a couple cups of coffee when I get to work so I can muster through the day. Not sure if there is any issues with caffeine post workout. I did find a study online about this, but the study used a high dose of caffeine on their subjects and it did have positive effects when accompanied with some carbs. The affects for lower dosages of caffiene is not clear and that is where my intake of caffeine is at. The link is posted below. Anyone else have any input on this or ever hear of any negative issues with caffeine post workout? Currently not doing any AAS if that makes any difference at all.

any study you will find on caffeine is bought and paid for by the good people that run the billion dollar coffee industry

you want the honest truth? caffeine will hinder gains after a workout because it will prevent you from reaching stage 4 sleep. any caffeine put into your body any part of the day WILL STILL BE IN YOUR SYSTEM when you go to sleep.. it will take 36 hours to be out of your system.

without getting deep sleep you are fucked! so the best thing you can do is limit your caffeine intake to as close to none as possible. if you must have coffee then have half a cup only. in no way will it benefit you though

99% of us are OVER stimulated and should be looking to reduce stimulant usage, not increase it

I'm not telling this study is wrong or incorrect but I'm just gonna say you can find a study proving pretty much anything you want.
I'm probably gonna get bashed by the more intelligent gentlemen here but it's fine.

I'm a pretty heavy drinker (coffee) myself and I've been drinking coffee throughout the day for...I don't even remember how long it's been already.
I like coffee. I don't drink it to get some kind of energy boost to get me going, I just like to drink it. The same way someone else likes to drink tea or beer or diet soda, whatever they like to drink when they want to just relax and take it easy.

I don't remember noticing any bad side effects or recovery issues, major sleeping problems etc.
That's not to say I'd be better off not drinking coffee but I don't see it a major problem in the big picture either.

Last but not least I want to say we are all different and you need to find what works for you as stupid as this always sounds.
If you feel like you don't tolerate this absolutely horrible liquid form of pure evil to the same degree as I do then don't be stupid like me.

I was woundering what everyones thoughts were about drinking caffeine after a workout. I go to the gym before going to work. This said, I usually have a couple cups of coffee when I get to work so I can muster through the day. Not sure if there is any issues with caffeine post workout. I did find a study online about this, but the study used a high dose of caffeine on their subjects and it did have positive effects when accompanied with some carbs. The affects for lower dosages of caffiene is not clear and that is where my intake of caffeine is at. The link is posted below. Anyone else have any input on this or ever hear of any negative issues with caffeine post workout? Currently not doing any AAS if that makes any difference at all.

Unlike Stevesmi I noticed you go to work after - you'll be fine

Increases cortisol which is something that you don't want post workout

To what degree? Let's be honest - if it was THAT bad anyone that drunk coffee would be skinny as fuck.

To what degree? Let's be honest - if it was THAT bad anyone that drunk coffee would be skinny as fuck.

I have known a few skinny fat guys over the years who drank a lot of coffee. And skinny fat (i.e, a big belly) is a "cortisol thing," no?

Oh for fuck's sake, drink the coffee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have known a few skinny fat guys over the years who drank a lot of coffee. And skinny fat (i.e, a big belly) is a "cortisol thing," no?

Logic eh. And what about all the other coffee drinkers. Specifically those who... whisper it...had a java AFTER the gym. Moving on :D

why are coffee drinkers so damn anal about defending their coffee ?

the guy admitted in his post that he can't get through his day without coffee, that is a red flag that he is getting a woeful amount of sleep

the solution is fixing your lifestyle, not just medicating yourself with caffeine. the ironic thing is caffeine usage will cause GABA to drop lower and lower as you age. that is why coffee drinkers get so much anxiety if they don't get their precious coffee. what a business to be in owning a starbux or dunkin franchise, you can legally get your customers addicted to something and jack up the price knowing they will keep coming back

back to my original thought though, there is no evidence that drinking coffee pre or post workout has any fitness benefit. in fact it will raise HR. this is brutally bad for anyone whether you are a swimmer, powerlifter, bodybuilder, runner, etc. coffee should be limited in fitness just on that fact alone

the guy admitted in his post that he can't get through his day without coffee, that is a red flag that he is getting a woeful amount of sleep

the solution is fixing your lifestyle, not just medicating yourself with caffeine. the ironic thing is caffeine usage will cause GABA to drop lower and lower as you age. that is why coffee drinkers get so much anxiety if they don't get their precious coffee. what a business to be in owning a starbux or dunkin franchise, you can legally get your customers addicted to something and jack up the price knowing they will keep coming back

back to my original thought though, there is no evidence that drinking coffee pre or post workout has any fitness benefit. in fact it will raise HR. this is brutally bad for anyone whether you are a swimmer, powerlifter, bodybuilder, runner, etc. coffee should be limited in fitness just on that fact alone

Explain to me how coffee drinkers "anally" defending their coffee, is any different to non-coffee drinkers "anally" speaking out against? Some things we do/consume because they taste good, plain and simple. I have one vice in life, my cup of coffee in the am, which I've been enjoying for about 45 years. If that means caffeine has caused my GABA to drop, then this is a small risk I'm willing to take. If I want a double-double animal style, I'll have one. If I want a slice of pizza, I'll have two. If i want a strawberry pop tart, pwo, I'll have one. I have nothing against restrictive diets, but my point is, not all of us live in plastic bubbles, nor are we all fanatical about nutrition Steve.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

^^^ dude this is a FITNESS FORUM, this isn't dunkin donuts forum

the OP asked a question, I answered it from a fitness angle

there is too much snowflakiness on forums these days with people getting butthurt over the truth on fitness/nutrition. it is borderline annoying to the point where I myself am turning into a snowflake reading it all

if someone cannot function all day without drinking 2 cups of coffee, then they have a poor lifestyle PERIOD. drinking more coffee is NOT the solution. I don't care how butthurt 95% of this forum is (cause 95% of you guys drink coffee)..

another mod on here got butthurt in another thread cause i said the dairy industry is a scam, which it is. so is soy, corn, soybeans, wheat and everything else that big corporate farms grow and GET SUBSIDIES for destroying. yes we pay taxes, which go to these farmers so they can destroy their own crops.. yeah that is a scam i'm sorry to say and I will say it every time the subject is brung up. there is a reason HFCS and soybean oil is in everything. i'm sorry if my answers hurt you guys feelings, i really am. but i'm not going to stop educating people on this shit.

Last edited:
if someone cannot function all day without drinking 2 cups of coffee, then they have a poor lifestyle PERIOD. drinking more coffee is NOT the solution. I don't care how butthurt 95% of this forum is (cause 95% of you guys drink coffee)..

another mod on here got butthurt in another thread cause i said the dairy industry is a scam, which it is. so is soy, corn, soybeans, wheat and everything else that big corporate farms grow and GET SUBSIDIES for destroying. yes we pay taxes, which go to these farmers so they can destroy their own crops.. yeah that is a scam i'm sorry to say and I will say it every time the subject is brung up. there is a reason HFCS and soybean oil is in everything. i'm sorry if my answers hurt you guys feelings, i really am. but i'm not going to stop educating people on this shit.

I assume you are talking about me so just say it out loud.
Butthurt? I think you are the one who got annoyed for what I said, which was by the way just my two cents on the topic and that's it.
First of all like I said I am not drinking coffee to "survive" through my days. I drink it because I like it and if it's going to shave years of my life then so be it. There are so many much worse thing you can drink than coffee. I don't drink alcohol nor have I ever done it. I don't smoke either.

And when it comes to this dairy thing would you please provide the evidence that it actually is as bad as you make it out to be?
And not some silly study that examines sedentary, inactive people with poor lifestyle habits and diets because most guys here do not belong to that category.

Again I have nothing personal against you, I don't want to upset you, have a fight with you or any of that but I honestly think this is more like an ideological issue for you.

^^^ lol are you a mod? if so it is news to me considering i make those decisions.

then no it wasn't you..

you crack me up bro. making some interesting assumptions are you?

it truly has gotten sad in todays society you cannot answer peoples questions without people getting upset cause it wasn't the answer THEY WANT TO HEAR. SMH

i blame the parents, lousy lousy parenting

Last edited:

Steve no bashing here just crazy ironic ... just got done wth a cardio session and believe it or not listen to joe organ podcasts on YouTube and this discussion was one George Larkin discusses caffeine after a workout to put 4 times the amount of glycogen in your muscles post workout . Scientific testing to back it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve no bashing here just crazy ironic ... just got done wth a cardio session and believe it or not listen to joe organ podcasts on YouTube and this discussion was one George Larkin discusses caffeine after a workout to put 4 times the amount of glycogen in your muscles post workout . Scientific testing to back it .

yes I am aware of that theory, in fact I was the one who pointed that out in an article 3 years ago (you guys can google it)

however THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND, why on earth would you want to put glycogen in the muscle? I'm lost on this one. makes no sense.

^^^ lol are you a mod? if so it is news to me considering i make those decisions.

then no it wasn't you..

you crack me up bro. making some interesting assumptions are you?

it truly has gotten sad in todays society you cannot answer peoples questions without people getting upset cause it wasn't the answer THEY WANT TO HEAR. SMH

i blame the parents, lousy lousy parenting

Damn right Steve! If you don’t give people the answer they want, they get butthurt over it. People need to hear the truth, and not lies about their shitty diets and poor workouts. I am tired of them crying about. If you don’t want the truth, then don’t fucking ask the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bro can you cite the scientific testing he talking about?...havent seen it in vivo studies....

Back
Top Bottom