Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calories

joejoe69

Registered
Due to some digestive issues, I recently elected to pay a little more and make the switch from 500 calories of cheap bulking “filler foods” like milk and peanut butter to real food like like chicken and rice
I feel way more full throughout the day now and have to force myself to get down all the food I need to eat each day. My caloric intake is technically the same but I feel way different since the switch.
So, to my point, are all calories really the same? I feel like I could actually eat much less now and not lose any strength. Has anyone else noticed this?

this is why you shouldn't listen to the IIFYM crowd

no not all calories are the same. the body knows the difference between raw nuts and avocado, and a pizza and diet coke

also don't get caught up in counting macros BS. again that is IIFYM bullshit and does not work UNLESS you are already lean and in great shape. if you are trying to get somewhere you need to eat properly. yes it matters what you eat. i don't agree with 'i have to eat X to get in my calories as fillers'. WRONG approach

i offer consults for a reasonable price. i can help you

Well cutting out milk which is dairy and a lot of fat and lactose alone will make you feel better. Milk has no place in a bodybuilders diet

Due to some digestive issues, I recently elected to pay a little more and make the switch from 500 calories of cheap bulking “filler foods” like milk and peanut butter to real food like like chicken and rice
I feel way more full throughout the day now and have to force myself to get down all the food I need to eat each day. My caloric intake is technically the same but I feel way different since the switch.
So, to my point, are all calories really the same? I feel like I could actually eat much less now and not lose any strength. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nom of course they are not.
And of course different foods have different impact on how you feel when it comes to things like satiety and fullness for instance. The macro/micronutrient compositions are different.

this is why you shouldn't listen to the IIFYM crowd

no not all calories are the same. the body knows the difference between raw nuts and avocado, and a pizza and diet coke

also don't get caught up in counting macros BS. again that is IIFYM bullshit and does not work UNLESS you are already lean and in great shape. if you are trying to get somewhere you need to eat properly. yes it matters what you eat. i don't agree with 'i have to eat X to get in my calories as fillers'. WRONG approach

i offer consults for a reasonable price. i can help you

And again there is still this lingering misconception about IIFYM that it doesn't matter what you eat as longs as calories are equal and I want to highlight that this is NOT THE PURPOSE of this dieting method.
Yes there are people who do this silly stuff and whenever I coach/advice people that's not the route I am gonna go.

The purpose of this diet (in my methodology) is to give people FLEXIBILITY when it comes to diet and nutrition meaning if you don't like or you want variety in your nutrition plan we can make that happen BUT it does not mean we are going to replace your oatmeal with a bag of potato chips or whatnot.

I hope everyone understood what I was trying to explain.

Peace out.

Well cutting out milk which is dairy and a lot of fat and lactose alone will make you feel better. Milk has no place in a bodybuilders diet

agreed
especially American dairy from sick and malnourished cows.

at some point guys need to grow up and stop having captain crunch cereal and milk for breakfast everyday. kiddie food designed for 8 year olds doesn't build a physique

I am not sure how interpret that so I'll put it this way. It's not NECESSARY but it's not something that must COMPLETELY ELIMINATED from the diet.
Don't take this as an offence this is just how I see it. You are completely free to have your own opinion and I respect that.

And again there is still this lingering misconception about IIFYM that it doesn't matter what you eat as longs as calories are equal and I want to highlight that this is NOT THE PURPOSE of this dieting method.
Yes there are people who do this silly stuff and whenever I coach/advice people that's not the route I am gonna go.

The purpose of this diet (in my methodology) is to give people FLEXIBILITY when it comes to diet and nutrition meaning if you don't like or you want variety in your nutrition plan we can make that happen BUT it does not mean we are going to replace your oatmeal with a bag of potato chips or whatnot.

I hope everyone understood what I was trying to explain.

Peace out.

i think we agree on those points.... but where we may differ is that you can take an obese American (half of america is 30% body fat+) and put them on a diet program similar to what we eat and think they will get ripped up like us. that is the misconception that is why most diet coaches and PT's don't grasp cause they been jocks all their life.

to actually shake things up and beat homeostasis you cannot be having cheat meals and pizza, coke, etc and think it is okay as long as it fits your macros.. that is weight watchers bs. anyone who has tried weight watchers (trust me in the USA many chicks try it), they will say they lose SOME weight initially but in the end don't get anywhere. it is because they are falling victim to homeostasis in the body

also people believe in these ridiculous transformations they see on social media which are a ruse. the people look like us, eat mcdonalds for a month and get fat.. then do a transformation by simply going back to what they did before. so newbs think they can follow what they did and get ripped too. it doesn't work like that. a pro athlete tears his ACL, is on crutches 6 months, then comes back to lead the NFL in rushing. a normal person tears his ACL and has trouble running for 2-3 years, much less playing tackle football.. why? homeostasis. pro athlete has been running and playing football since they were 8.. it makes a huge difference where you been if you want to get to where you want to go.. that is why newbs to the gym usually quit after a month or two cause they 'aren't getting results'.. sorry but you gotta put in the hours

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa Steve. We can’t diss captain crunch openly. Lol

Kidding. Yeah cutting out milk and dairy will make u feel better undoubtedly. Or use almond milk.

Counting macros is a little much for anyone that isn’t competing. Period. Eat more frequently. Period. Smaller portions. Period. Keep your metabolism cranked. It’s the best way. Assess your caloric intake and track your food and weight. That’s the only way to asses how much and what types of food to eat.

A calorie is a unit of energy. What amino acids, fatty aids, carbohydrate structures make up that protein, carb, fat etc. will vary greatly depending on the source.

A calorie is not a calorie

i think we agree on those points.... but where we may differ is that you can take an obese American (half of america is 30% body fat+) and put them on a diet program similar to what we eat and think they will get ripped up like us. that is the misconception that is why most diet coaches and PT's don't grasp cause they been jocks all their life.

to actually shake things up and beat homeostasis you cannot be having cheat meals and pizza, coke, etc and think it is okay as long as it fits your macros.. that is weight watchers bs. anyone who has tried weight watchers (trust me in the USA many chicks try it), they will say they lose SOME weight initially but in the end don't get anywhere. it is because they are falling victim to homeostasis in the body...

I don't know where did you pull that weight watchers bs but that's none of what I am practicing. Let me repeat what I am practising is not as long as it fits your mouth or macros. It's called FLEXIBILITY.
The chance of getting to eat something else than chicken and rice 365 days a year. The reason why many diets fails is actually because people are forced to eat stuff they don't like at all. While we shouldn't allow people to eat everything they want we shouldn't force them to gulp down vomit looking green shakes and whatnot. I mean how long are you really going to be able to adhere a diet you don't enjoy even the smallest bit? I think that's one of the reason why many diets fail. Simply because people get tired of eating crappy tasting food.

Moreover, I don't give people cookie-cutter templates they follow x, y, z months. When I coach people I analyze and adjust things as weeks go by.
With my clients we focus on small goals or should I say short(er) term goals to. Losing 10 pounds a week is doable but how sustainable is that? Probably not very.

As long as I am seeing progression towards our initial goals everything's going in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom