Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I buy these supplements?

ONWARDBACK

Registered
Today I was at a local shop of supplements, but I did not like one thing. This guy has all the tubs on the shelfs with lights, and these lights give heat. So it seems to me that his supplements are all exposed to heat. Should I buy those, or it would be a better idea to find an alternative place to buy those?

Today I was at a local shop of supplements, but I did not like one thing. This guy has all the tubs on the shelfs with lights, and these lights give heat. So it seems to me that his supplements are all exposed to heat. Should I buy those, or it would be a better idea to find an alternative place to buy those?

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I stopped buying my Supplements in a Store years ago.
Prices are always better Online, cause you're not paying for the Location of the building in a Business District.

Check out Prosource dot net ~ they have a very large selection of most of the Big Companies.
And they also make their own Products.

Then their Musclefeast dot com ~ this is a very small Manufacturer from Ohio making Small Batch amounts of Protein.
That's always Fresh, and they also make other products, and the Price is Excellent for the quality............................... JP

Supplements at a local supplement shop will be 20-30% higher then prices online because they need to pay for the store front and the employee working the store. I am like @jp4355 and buy most of my supplements online or at Costco.

What products are you looking for in particular? If you have never used supplements before, a protein powder would be a good first supplement to take.

The brand isn't particularly important. What matters is the ingredient list and supplement facts panel.

All protein powders are not created equal. You really need to be a smart consumer in today's market and do your research. Look at the ingredient list and supplements fact panel on every supplement before buying it.

For a whey protein - you want to see nothing but that in the ingredients list. Whey protein, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lechitin and cocoa powder. There are a lot of good products on the market. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

I think Costco/Sams club has awesome prices but sometimes the quality isnt the best. Amazon has cleaned up quite a bit and now sellers have to apply to sell in that category plus provide product labels before they can even create a new product. 3rd party sellers on amazon/ebay can be a risk but there are plenty of deals. Online supplement websites are nice because you can get free items or discounts which you usually dont find on Amazon/ebay. Local shops will be more expensive but you can buy immediately.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heat might not be an issue...were the containers hot? If it was halogen or incandescent light thst was very close to the container you might have some issues but I think humidity level is more of an issue. Most warehouses in FL thst have supplements are not air conditioned and sit in 90 degree temperatures all day and night. In fact, any retail store in florida probably buys from the Europa warehouse in Orlando which is hot and humid. Its up to the brand to seal the container properly and avoid issues. Anyway...If you touch the container and its hot to the touch, like 90+ degrees I would probably avoid it. When I sold supplements I would do a shake test and if the powder sounded loose it was good to go...if you hear clumps or what sounds like rocks...avoid buying it. Hope this helps.

I am with @contraband on this one - it something does not look right, then there is something that is not right there. Better avoid these products if you see that they have been exposed to heat for quite some time. Yes, perhaps other warehouses also store them in heated conditions, but these are assumptions, and here you can see by yourself that these are not stored properly.

Heat might not be an issue...were the containers hot? If it was halogen or incandescent light thst was very close to the container you might have some issues but I think humidity level is more of an issue. Most warehouses in FL thst have supplements are not air conditioned and sit in 90 degree temperatures all day and night. In fact, any retail store in florida probably buys from the Europa warehouse in Orlando which is hot and humid. Its up to the brand to seal the container properly and avoid issues. Anyway...If you touch the container and its hot to the touch, like 90+ degrees I would probably avoid it. When I sold supplements I would do a shake test and if the powder sounded loose it was good to go...if you hear clumps or what sounds like rocks...avoid buying it. Hope this helps.

this is a good point. I know rich piana did a video and his warehouse was in Tampa, FL. i do not see how it would be possible to keep such a large place A/C'd 24/7. i'm sure they have fans to keep the employees comfortable but it can't be good

Depends on how hot it is. A little bit of warmth for a closed tub doesnt make that much of a difference I think.

You're overthinking it.

Quite possibly all the ingredients in the supps come from China, baking away in a steel container crossing the Pacific.

So, just go out and buy a good quality steak and some green stuff and have a decent meal instead.

There are so many supplement companies and stores out there that if you don't feel right then just go somewhere else. Personally I order my supps from n2bm.com and don't even go to stores. The only other place I use is Costco for my fish oil.

Back
Top Bottom