Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carbs or fat better?

moodman

Registered
If you had to only choose one option. Which one would it be ? I am curious which is best for your overall health and diet?

THERE

IS

NO

COOKIE

CUTTER

ANSWER

EVERYONE

IS

DIFFERENT

If you had to only choose one option. Which one would it be ? I am curious which is best for your overall health and diet?

Neither. You need all the macros.

And don't forget the micronutrients.
And to answer the question once you have calculated your daily requirements for protein and fat you can fill the rest with carbs. You need both of them but in general fats are essential for living but carbs are not.

Last edited:
Give that the body can turn carbs into fat and protein into carbs the idea that we can 'only' select one (like we have a favorite or something) is kinda silly. The body will 'out' as it were. It does what it needs to do. It does this cos 100000 years back we had a choice of what the fuck was in front of us or nothing. Cold? No fresh fruit then - berries maybe. Not many animals about - plant protein it is then. 20000 or so years back we started (might have been a little more) agriculture). And so on.

And unless you're an Eskimo or a Zulu (and even then you'd have to be full bore traditional) your diet tends not to be that restricted anymore. The further reality is that people are pretty much dishonest - even with themselves - as to what they eat. They even forget that bag of chips they shared (a family size bad eaten by two being normal) while watching a movie. So you get, all too often, BS like 'I'm carb sensitive'. No you forgot how much SHIT you piled in your mouth. Or didn't weigh it and just guessed and so on.

Unless you're on a mission to Mars and space in the rocket ships hold is limited you don't have to pick one.

let me adjust your question to more what should people be getting more or less of.. in our typical meathead cookie cutter diets the answer is way way way less protein (this is so overblown).. way way way way more fat (people are scare of fat cause of the word FAT).. and carbs for most meatheads its going to be a bit more, but for the avg american way less.. certain 'carbs' like pizza and breads should be reduced to zero

This is such a case by case question. Some people need more carbs then others and some need more fats. You have to mess around with and adjust your diet to see what works best for you.

The answer is both. Carbs have their place but so do fats. Especially essential fatty acids

To truly know the answer to that I would go and get a DNA test done and they can pinpoint which sensitivities one may have.

Back
Top Bottom