Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio timing

mopsterno9

Registered
i cant seem to figure this out.

ive been doing 30min of moderate cardio after i lift. i lift for around 1 hour.

ive been drinking my PostWO protein shake/dextrose immediately after i lift and then i get on the treadmill.........but should i wait until after i get done with cardio?
i want to get the protein in immediately but by doing so before cardio, is my body just burning the protein for energy to fuel the cardio? if i wait til after cardio, wont that inhibit my muscles recovery?

If I do steady state cardio then it's ok to post traning but if I perform HIIt then I would like to Gap at least 4h to recover my body that's it

Sent from my CPH1809 using Tapatalk

ive been drinking my PostWO protein shake/dextrose immediately after i lift and then i get on the treadmill.........but should i wait until after i get done with cardio?
i want to get the protein in immediately but by doing so before cardio, is my body just burning the protein for energy to fuel the cardio? if i wait til after cardio, wont that inhibit my muscles recovery?

You don't NEED to.

You dont need to take that shake immediately after weights. Just wait til after cardio. I promise your muscle isnt going to go away by waiting a little longer.

whoa whoa whoa.. hold on there buddy. why exactly are you consuming a dex shake in the first place? those are for guys who slam insulin post workout so they don't go hypo .. don't you think we eat enough sugar as it is? absolutely no reason for anyone to consume that

sugar is bad! that is what dex is.

and you are consuming it BEFORE your cardio. a big no-no. go to a 5K or 10K race.. or any endurance race and ask the runners what they drink pre run. they will laugh if you say you drink a dex shake beforehand. why? because you will throw it up

Last edited:
whoa whoa whoa.. hold on there buddy. why exactly are you consuming a dex shake in the first place? those are for guys who slam insulin post workout so they don't go hypo .. don't you think we eat enough sugar as it is? absolutely no reason for anyone to consume that

sugar is bad! that is what dex is...

Umm I don't know where did you get that idea from. I am not saying simple carbs are a must after working out but you can do it whether you are injecting insulin or not.
If you need those extra calories then I don't why you absolutely couldn't have some simple sugars after working out now that your body's glucose uptake is enhanced due to increased GLUT4 expression.

Besides carbs don't make you fat, eating too much makes you fat.

Back
Top Bottom