Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Casein before bed

MeliGsa

Registered
I read that casein is slow digesting so you should take it before bed so it can keep feeding your muscles while you sleep
I'm also taking amino acids during my workouts to feed them during that window as well. My Dilemma is it's extremely expensive and if I was to switch to just taking amino acids or even soy protein at night it would save me a lot of money. Anyone try the switch

I read that casein is slow digesting so you should take it before bed so it can keep feeding your muscles while you sleep
I'm also taking amino acids during my workouts to feed them during that window as well. My Dilemma is it's extremely expensive and if I was to switch to just taking amino acids or even soy protein at night it would save me a lot of money. Anyone try the switch

I like protein before bed casein and whey stacked to grow mass

well thats classic bro science that was pushed in the 80's by joe weider to, you guessed it, sell people casein protein

when you take something slow digesting that is just another term for 'hard to digest' .. so how the hell does that make any sense to give your body MORE work while it tries to rest and repair itself all night? it doesn't. casein protein before bed is actually COUNTER PRODUCTIVE!

you want to evacuate before bed and eat nothing and take nothing, your muscles GROW while you sleep when your body can do it

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

Ask yourself a simple question - am I growing/gaining/recovering? If not you're wasting money. Simple.

I don’t mess with any food a few hours before bed so that my body is actually at rest as much as it can be and is not trying to digest anything.

It's OK to be in a fasted state at night you don't need to have protein in your system 24/7 it's unnecessary. If anything you will hamper HGH release during sleep by having a bunch of food in your gut digesting spiking insulin.

Main Podcast Page
https://www.evolutionary.org/podcasts/

Back
Top Bottom