Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

casein vs. whey

Chiefred

Registered
what is the real difference between using casein protein powders and regular concentrate whey protein powders? i am totally new to this so forgive my ignorance, just started supplementing a week ago. from what I read casein is better for building muscles quicker according to studies, should I get that?

there are very slight advantages to each type of protein powder out there. the way these products are marketed are so dishonest though trying to get you to buy different ones.

the amazing thing is none of the above are ever going to be better than REAL FOOD

Casein is garbage and rough on the gut. I recommend getting as much protein from real food as you can. If you had to choose I would go with whey protein isolate or a vegan protein option such as pea.

Whey is digested quicker so, in theory, it's best to use after a workout. Casein is slower and longer lasting so, in theory, it's best to use at night.

Back
Top Bottom