Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chicken wings as protein source

Frankie Wallace

Registered
some people recommend not to consume them why is that guys? I was thinking of having them as my main protein source, thanks.

The reason you see bodybuilders always eat skinless chicken breast is because it is the leanest cut of poultry. Chicken wings have much less protein and much more fat and calories then skinless chicken breast

100g skinless chicken breast = 110 calories, 1g fat, 25g protein

100g chicken wings = 145 calories, 18g fat, 21g protein

As mentioned above breast is leaner and has less fat then chicken wings.

some people recommend not to consume them why is that guys? I was thinking of having them as my main protein source, thanks.

1st ~ you don't want to be consuming all that Fat that is on a Chicken Wing.
2nd ~ Dark Meat Chicken is Higher in Saturated Fat than White Meat.
So now it's a Double Wammy !

Go for Skinless Chicken Breasts for your Main Source of Protein.
And don't forget to get some Fresh Caught Fish a couple times a week....................... JP

I grab chicken legs from fresh market about once a wheek...i choose them over the breasts to try and keep my cals from FAT up while on KETO.

I stuff a bunch of ghee / butter under the skin and bake. Delicious.

I havnt gotten in depth with counting macros but i seem to have a rough time keeping my protein low enough. I run out of high fat / moderate protein ideas real quick. only so many avacados i can eat

I would go for it if your looking for a cleaner weekend cheat meal but this is not the way to go everyday bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grab chicken legs from fresh market about once a wheek...i choose them over the breasts to try and keep my cals from FAT up while on KETO.

I stuff a bunch of ghee / butter under the skin and bake. Delicious.

I havnt gotten in depth with counting macros but i seem to have a rough time keeping my protein low enough. I run out of high fat / moderate protein ideas real quick. only so many avacados i can eat

exactly. you can buy wings on your own and cook them healthy. they won't taste 'as good' as the fried and drenched wings but you won't feel like shit after either. i used to date a russian chick who would bake them using her own marinade, very easy to cook

Just bought a air frier no oil need works nice taste great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a bbq place I go to that does hickory smoked wings (no sauce) I can eat pounds of those things but they are fairly caloric so it kills my macros quickly

Back
Top Bottom