Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Colon Health supplements

Robin¿t

Registered
i suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, specially when i eat red meat or fats , would you know what's the best supplements for my problem , i have done some home remedies made from vegetables and juices but i Do not have the time always to do That at home , thanks.

I am a big advocate of digestive enzymes, psyllium husk and probiotics. As bodybuilders, we are constantly overloading our digestive systems and those three supplements will go a long way in promoting optimal digestive health.

Take a high quality probiotic first thing every morning with a glass of lemon water before breakfast. Look for a probiotic supplement that is stored in the fridge. Remember that probiotics are a live bacteria and a product stored at room temperature will have a greatly reduced potency. A good probiotic supplement shouldn't be cheap.

Supplement with digestive enzymes with 2-3 meals per day. In particular look for the digestive enzymes proteases and peptidases, as these enzymes split proteins into small peptides and individual amino acids.

Psyllium husk is the highest natural food source of soluble fibre you can obtain. The majority of the fibre you intake from your daily diet is insoluble fibre. The key benefit of soluble fibre is that soluble fibre absorbs water in your stomach and creates a gel. It gives your intestines a sort of 'internal scrubbing' as it passes through. It will help keep you regular and the faster you can remove toxins from your body, the less likely they are to be re-absorbed.

if you go to your health food store and talk to someone who is knowledgeable they will be able to point you to a couple of the best products for someone who is bothered by certain foods. from there you can go online and find the best deal.. this is what i do

when i eat a big meal I eat an enzyme and it really helps

i suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, specially when i eat red meat or fats , would you know what's the best supplements for my problem , i have done some home remedies made from vegetables and juices but i Do not have the time always to do That at home , thanks.

The best thing that you can do as a Sufferer of IBS, is to Identify all the foods that give you a problem.
And stay away from them like the Plague.

While I don't have IBS.
Being an Older Lifter comes with certain disadvantages, like certain foods will Constipate me easily.

So I'm with Muskate & Masonic on this.
I take a quality Digestive Enzyme with every meal.
I use Psyllium Husks & Probiotics every day.

And I try to stay away from Foods that trigger problems for me.
But since the Body is always changing, so does my List.
And I'm sure that you've had to adjust your Diet from time to time...................................... JP

Psyllium husk and dygestive enzymes would be the best solution for you - they work really well, and they are as safe as it gets among supplements. However, i would not rely on the to solve all your problems, and would follow @jp's advice - try avoiding those foods that cause you trouble, and rely on those supplements only for the single cases when things get out of hands.

Back
Top Bottom