Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

comaring circuit weight training vs interval training for results

yerry win

Registered
which one is better to lose fat and increase cardio , I gain 20 lbs while been in the hospital after a car accident, plus therapy and recovery made gain that much weight, I can't do heavy weights. Right now I just do light weights and cardio I can do as much as I can, so your professional advice will be followed thank you guys.

There's a couple of ways to attack this Issue.

You can either just do Lighter Weights for more Reps, with 30 Seconds between Sets.

Or you can do HIIT Cardio.

My Personal Choice is doing Fasted HIIT Cardio in the AM.

And then doing my Workout later in the AM or PM, and keeping the Weights Light/Reps High/Rest Short.................... JP
P.S.
It really all depends on where you are at in the Healing Process.

I'm Currently Rehabbing from a Hip Replacement, so I go to the Physical Therapist for an Hour.
Then come home and do my Weights.

Circuit training is fantastic. You aren't going to get a huge amount of muscle and size from it but you will develop the physique of a crossfit athlete or boxer. Lean, strong and athletic.

When you train with short rest periods like in circuit training, you basically kill two birds with one stone. You get a hypertrophy response from the weights you are lifting but since you are using short rest periods and training with a fast paced, you get a really great fat burning effect as well.

That's why when you look at cross fit athletes, boxers etc. they stay at such a low body fat year round.

Your best bet would be to split up your body into and upper and lower split and perform supersets with minimal rest in-between sets. A upper body workout might look like this

4 x wide grip pull downs/ dumbell bench press super set (30 seconds rest in between supersets)
4 x bent over dumbell row/ dumbell standing shoulder press (30 seconds rest in between supersets)
4 x ez bar bicep curl / ez bar tricep skull crushers (30 seconds rest in between supersets)
4 x lying leg raises / decline bench abdominal crunch (30 seconds rest in between supersets)

I would recommend both weight training and cardio. The great thing with weight training is that you will get a 24 hour afterburn where metabolism remains elevated. I would do light weights, higher reps, and short rest periods. That will keep the heart rate up which also acts as cardio. Direct cardio is also great to keep your conditioning and heart health where it should be.

Back
Top Bottom